Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

PROBLEM WHEN PRINTING REPORT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PROBLEM WHEN PRINTING REPORT

I am having problem with reports, when I print them they are not the same as the view screen. It is not consistant either differant records print okay, then some print the fields in differant locations when the report prints to hard copy. The field will actually print over another field.
    If anyone out there has a solution please email me.
    I am using a dot mattrix printer, because forms are 3 part.
    The Printer I am using is a Oki 395 24 pin printer.
    Thank you,

Gary Timmerman

RE: PROBLEM WHEN PRINTING REPORT

Gary:
    I had the same problems with okidata printers (302 9 pin)
    I had to download new window printer drivers from Okidata.
    Attached is the driver of the 320. it might work.

Go to start settings printers
    add printer
    have disk
    point it to the directory where you downloaded the files.

Charlie Crimmel

Comment

The oki 320 driver will NOT work

the 390 series is 24 pin, the 320 series is 9 pin

the 390 series was not designed for windows, but later drivers help. You may find that changing the printer to emulate an epson will work real good. I would think and epson 870?

We use oki's extensively in the auto industry.

Good Lluck
      Dave

Comment

DAVE,
        IT JUST HAPPENS I'M IN THE AUTOMOTIVE FIELD ALSO, I WORK FOR POMPANO HONDA, POMPANO BEACH, FL
        I HAVE BEEN USED ALPHA4 V 6.2.. AND I'M NOW CHANGING
        ALL OF OUR SOFTWARE OVER TO ALPHA5 V4.5..
        THANKS FOR THE TIP I'LL TRY IT TONIGHT.
        GARY TIMMERMAN

Comment

Gary,

There are other things to help tyhe speed of print also.

The most used printer in the auto industry is oki520 now. They cost about 400 new and are faster than your 395. The 590 is also faster.

I am in Orlando and an old Honda salesman. I am working on a Dealer Software Program now. It may come out in a few months.

My website is www.lotrun.com

I worked for a Dealer Software Company for a while and put Software in Pompano.

Dave

Thanks Dave

Comment

DAVE,
            I DON'T KNOW WHAT TYPE OF SOFTWARE YOU'RE PUTTING TOGETHER BUT I'M WORKING ON A LEASE SOFTWARE PROGRAM THAT SHOULD BE COMPLETED IN ABOUT 4 MONTHS... I'M ALSO WORKING ON A F&I PACKAGE WHICH WILL BE COMBINED WITH THE LEASE SOFTWARE.. IF YOU HAVE A F&I PACKAGE ALREADY PUT TOGETHER WE NEED TO TALK, THE REASON I'M WRITTING THIS SOFTWARE IS BECAUSE THE DEALER DOESN'T WANT TO SPEND THE MONEY IT TAKES TO PUT IN A REYNOLDS AND REYNOLDS SYSTEM..
            I HAVE USED ALPHA SOFTWARE FOR THE PAST TEN YEARS, AND
            NOW I'M UPGRADING IT TOO ALPHA5 V4.5... I HAVE ALREADY SET UP THE WAY I WANT TO DESIGN THE SOFTWARE THE ONLY THING I HAVEN'T COMPLETED IN THE FI SYSTEM IS THE COMPUTATIONS FOR THE INTEREST, LIFE, ACCIDENT HEALTH, HAVING SOME PROBLEMS WITH THE LOOP FOR THE FLORIDA DOC STAMPS ALSO.
            IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCED WITH WHAT I HAVE JUST SPOKE ABOUT - APR INTEREST - FLORIDA DOC STAMPS - WRITTING A LOOP TO COMPUTE MONTHLY FINANCE PAYMENT WITH A&H INSURANCE, PLEASE CONTACT ME BY EMAIL OR PHONE..
            MY HOME PHONE# IS: (954)429-3589
            WORK PHONE# IS: (954)427-4744
            THANKS AGAIN FOR THE REPLY.
            GARY TIMMERMAN
            POMPANO HONDA

Comment

Gary,

I do not blame the Dealer for not wishing to go with R&R. They are extremely expensive. Your time, if taken away from sales generation may cost him more and may cost you more also.

There are packages already written out there in the 900 to 2000 range that will do all you just said. My program will be in the 900-1000 range at first and will go up with the modules for BHPH, Lease, Accounting, etc.

The only reason I am writing LotRunner is because none of the other programs do the things I would need as a secondary and BHPH Dealer properly and simply with a view to cost.

I am very familiar with doc stamps, finance and insurance. The problems most people run into with finance comes down to rounding. Alpha functions as written are not sufficient for every day use. I am writing my own functons to do payments, doc stamps, etc. The calculations for apr done per regZ and FL's interpretation can be demanding.
              Example: payment() will not work as written if you do 45 days to first and you have no way to do addon.

You can see a very small sampling of what my program will look like at my web page. My Inventory section is almost done now, but the changes have not been put on the web.

I do hope you luck in you endeavor.

Dave

My email is [email protected]
              web page is www.lotrun.com

Comment

Gary,

One other problem you may encounter is the printing of contracts from alpha. It can be done, but is tricky because of the lengths.

I am currently working with VB to set up a print program for the printing of all delivery forms that will be formatted with crystal reports or R&R Report Writer. My reasoning is that I must supply different forms to my Dealers as they need them and that is difficult in Alpha. You should not encounter that problem.

The cost of my main programming tools are alpha for me to distribute is about 600.00, VB is 550.00 and crystal is 500.00. These do not include other small ones out there.

Dave

Comment

vv

Comment

Working...
                  X