Alpha Video Training

Thread: PROBLEM WHEN PRINTING REPORT

Gary Timmerman

Default PROBLEM WHEN PRINTING REPORT

I am having problem with reports, when I print them they are not the same as the view screen. It is not consistant either differant records print okay, then some print the fields in differant locations when the report prints to hard copy. The field will actually print over another field.
    If anyone out there has a solution please email me.
    I am using a dot mattrix printer, because forms are 3 part.
    The Printer I am using is a Oki 395 24 pin printer.
    Thank you,

Gary Timmerman

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Charlie Crimmel

Default RE: PROBLEM WHEN PRINTING REPORT

Gary:
    I had the same problems with okidata printers (302 9 pin)
    I had to download new window printer drivers from Okidata.
    Attached is the driver of the 320. it might work.

Go to start settings printers
    add printer
    have disk
    point it to the directory where you downloaded the files.

Charlie Crimmel

David Mason

The oki 320 driver will NOT work

the 390 series is 24 pin, the 320 series is 9 pin

the 390 series was not designed for windows, but later drivers help. You may find that changing the printer to emulate an epson will work real good. I would think and epson 870?

We use oki's extensively in the auto industry.

Good Lluck
    Dave

Gary Timmerman

DAVE,
    IT JUST HAPPENS I'M IN THE AUTOMOTIVE FIELD ALSO, I WORK FOR POMPANO HONDA, POMPANO BEACH, FL
    I HAVE BEEN USED ALPHA4 V 6.2.. AND I'M NOW CHANGING
    ALL OF OUR SOFTWARE OVER TO ALPHA5 V4.5..
    THANKS FOR THE TIP I'LL TRY IT TONIGHT.
    GARY TIMMERMAN

David Mason

Gary,

There are other things to help tyhe speed of print also.

The most used printer in the auto industry is oki520 now. They cost about 400 new and are faster than your 395. The 590 is also faster.

I am in Orlando and an old Honda salesman. I am working on a Dealer Software Program now. It may come out in a few months.

My website is www.lotrun.com

I worked for a Dealer Software Company for a while and put Software in Pompano.

Dave

Thanks Dave

Gary Timmerman

DAVE,
    I DON'T KNOW WHAT TYPE OF SOFTWARE YOU'RE PUTTING TOGETHER BUT I'M WORKING ON A LEASE SOFTWARE PROGRAM THAT SHOULD BE COMPLETED IN ABOUT 4 MONTHS... I'M ALSO WORKING ON A F&I PACKAGE WHICH WILL BE COMBINED WITH THE LEASE SOFTWARE.. IF YOU HAVE A F&I PACKAGE ALREADY PUT TOGETHER WE NEED TO TALK, THE REASON I'M WRITTING THIS SOFTWARE IS BECAUSE THE DEALER DOESN'T WANT TO SPEND THE MONEY IT TAKES TO PUT IN A REYNOLDS AND REYNOLDS SYSTEM..
    I HAVE USED ALPHA SOFTWARE FOR THE PAST TEN YEARS, AND
    NOW I'M UPGRADING IT TOO ALPHA5 V4.5... I HAVE ALREADY SET UP THE WAY I WANT TO DESIGN THE SOFTWARE THE ONLY THING I HAVEN'T COMPLETED IN THE FI SYSTEM IS THE COMPUTATIONS FOR THE INTEREST, LIFE, ACCIDENT HEALTH, HAVING SOME PROBLEMS WITH THE LOOP FOR THE FLORIDA DOC STAMPS ALSO.
    IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCED WITH WHAT I HAVE JUST SPOKE ABOUT - APR INTEREST - FLORIDA DOC STAMPS - WRITTING A LOOP TO COMPUTE MONTHLY FINANCE PAYMENT WITH A&H INSURANCE, PLEASE CONTACT ME BY EMAIL OR PHONE..
    MY HOME PHONE# IS: (954)429-3589
    WORK PHONE# IS: (954)427-4744
    THANKS AGAIN FOR THE REPLY.
    GARY TIMMERMAN
    POMPANO HONDA

David Mason

Gary,

I do not blame the Dealer for not wishing to go with R&R. They are extremely expensive. Your time, if taken away from sales generation may cost him more and may cost you more also.

There are packages already written out there in the 900 to 2000 range that will do all you just said. My program will be in the 900-1000 range at first and will go up with the modules for BHPH, Lease, Accounting, etc.

The only reason I am writing LotRunner is because none of the other programs do the things I would need as a secondary and BHPH Dealer properly and simply with a view to cost.

I am very familiar with doc stamps, finance and insurance. The problems most people run into with finance comes down to rounding. Alpha functions as written are not sufficient for every day use. I am writing my own functons to do payments, doc stamps, etc. The calculations for apr done per regZ and FL's interpretation can be demanding.
    Example: payment() will not work as written if you do 45 days to first and you have no way to do addon.

You can see a very small sampling of what my program will look like at my web page. My Inventory section is almost done now, but the changes have not been put on the web.

I do hope you luck in you endeavor.

Dave

My email is dave@lotrun.co
    web page is www.lotrun.com

David Mason

Gary,

One other problem you may encounter is the printing of contracts from alpha. It can be done, but is tricky because of the lengths.

I am currently working with VB to set up a print program for the printing of all delivery forms that will be formatted with crystal reports or R&R Report Writer. My reasoning is that I must supply different forms to my Dealers as they need them and that is difficult in Alpha. You should not encounter that problem.

The cost of my main programming tools are alpha for me to distribute is about 600.00, VB is 550.00 and crystal is 500.00. These do not include other small ones out there.

Dave

David Mason

vv