Alpha Video Training

Thread: Please Shed Some Light

"Certified" Alphaholic forskare's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ken Nordin

Default Please Shed Some Light

I created a form based on a single table. (No set involved)When I check the forms property's filter/order, it only shows the name of the table on which the form is based.

However, when I use the Query Genie, two tables show and the first table isn't the table on which the form is based.

Can someone shed some light?

Thank you!

kenn

Real Name
    Stephen Williams

Default RE: Please Shed Some Light

Ken-
    1. Do you have a set and a table with the same name? It is hard to pick the set from the table when selecting from some control panel tabs, as they don't say which it is...

2. which tables show? The genie looks different for sets and tables.
    The Query Genie for a table shows only three lists:
    Field Operator Value

In a set the Query Genie has a seperate drop down list box for the table... as well as the three lists

"Certified" Alphaholic forskare's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ken Nordin

Default RE: Please Shed Some Light

Stephen,

I solved the problem. I did this twice before, copy and choose the single table. Yah, I know, couldn't have, no way! Well, what can I say? I'd have put $ on it since the first time I actually did choose the set and the 2nd time I took pains to choose the single table. Now, the 3rd time it worked so it's based on the single table.

Perhaps what happened is that the set name actually begins with the table name. So, WON'T DO THAT AGAIN!!!

Stephen, thanks, I appreciate your responce. Perhaps someone else will learn from this as well.

kenn