Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Tabbed forms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tabbed forms

I�ve spent hours today trying to design a tabbed form, only to be forced to quit in frustration. As I add fields to underlying tabs, fields begin to show on other tabs, overlying the fields that are supposed to be there. It becomes a graphical mess. I�ve tried the �To front� and �To back� features, with no success. I�ve made sure �Always on top� is not selected for these fields. I�ve even deleted the form and started over, only to be met with the same problem. Keep in mind this does not relate to indexes or filters � the problem even shows in design mode.

I�ve even shut down the computer for a while in case my graphics card is somehow retaining memory and causing the problem.

I�ve searched the forum here, and it appears others have experienced similar problems. Anyone have any suggestions?

RE: Tabbed forms

John,

If you haven't done so already, do the following:

1. Compact the database. This will erase all deleted data, etc. and rebuild all indexes.

2. Check your indexes. What is the primary index? Is it the one you desire for that layout?

3. I don't know of anyone who has had this problem since getting the latest version of A5. Get the latest version and patch of A5. It has upgrades that fixes index problems. The latest patch is build 266 I believe. Check the alphasoftware.com web site for downloads.

Hope this solves your problem. If not, post another request.

kenn
    TYVM :) kenn

Knowing what you can achieve will not become reality until you imagine and explore.

Comment

John,

Definitely update to the latest patch for your A5 version.

Make sure a field is completely on the tab. If it is slightly off, it will be considered not on the tab. You can also try to make sure none come close to the edges of the tab (say .1")

Try updating your video driver to the latest revision if you have not already done so.

Finally, select all the objects on one tab and group them. Repeat with the other tabs. This has helped some with this problem.

Regards,

Ira J. Perlow
      Computer Systems Design & Associates
      [email protected]
      Regards,

Ira J. Perlow
      Computer Systems Design

CSDA A5 Products
      New - Free CSDA DiagInfo - v1.39, 30 Apr 2013
      CSDA Barcode Functions

CSDA Code Utility
      CSDA Screen Capture

Comment

Thanks Ken and Ira. The problem exists even while designing the form, before viewing with actual data, so it has nothing to do with indexes.

I found that all fields and labels have to be ungrouped, or they�ll start to show through to other tabs after a while. I have a lot of fields on some tabs, as many as 40, so maybe that�s complicating the issue. But for now, as long as I keep all objects ungrouped, I haven�t experienced the problem again.

I am using v4.5 build 266, so this version apparently still has some problems dealing with tabbed forms and grouped objects.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

I can't offer any help, but 40 is not a lot of fields for a tabbed object, depending on physical size, of course.

Just opened one of the forms from my copy of the company database, one tab of a tabbed object on one form has 221 fields from a table plus 30 labels.
          There can be only one.

Comment

i had this problem only when drawing thick lines or frames on the tab-

made the lines thin (value 1) and the transparency was gone.

v.p

Comment

What do you mean by grouping the items on a tab??

Comment

Working...
              X