Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Reply to jeff moses-touch screens-real estate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reply to jeff moses-touch screens-real estate

Jeff: Posted your reply as requested.
    What part of Southern Ohio?
    We are looking at the possibility of using touch screens with alpha5 and employee time cards.
    I am in West Virginia.
    Charlie Crimmel

----- original email-----
    Jeff:
    I saw your post on the alpha board.
    You mentioned something about a realestate app.
    Do you have a demo or information I could look at.
    I would like to try to market a real estate app to some local agancies.
    Charlie Crimmel

Hi Charlie,
    We don't have a real-estate demo but I can give details about what it needed to include and how we update the listings in it and charge for the service. We built our own touch screen kiosks and linked up with Coldwell
    Bankers in southern Ohio where they were responsible for placing the units.
    The first one went to a Giant Eagle supermarket lobby. If you could post this question to the A5 board I would be happy to give details and I could answer other emails regarding this topic at the same time.
    Jeff

RE: Reply to jeff moses-touch screens-real estate

In the prior post "A5 for income" I have posted a general outline for using touch screen technology. As for a real estate app here are the issues that we found needed to be in the app to market it.
    To begin with you need a way for the user to enter his or her name. We use an on screen keyboard. This allows us to limit what keys are available to the user and prevent the public idiots who's only goal in life is to crash programs away from the desktop! Use forms with fair size buttons for older users. We do not use any file menus. They do not work well with touch screen. Once a user has entered their name you allow them access to the main menu. All forms are maximized in our real-estate app. From the main screen we guide the user through a breakdown by area, price, bedrooms, and baths. There is a screen that allows user input for all categories and then the app brings up a form displaying a browse with all related info to the finished search. We also have a picture of each property that displays next to the browse for the record that has focus. Besides listings our application offers several different calculation screens where the user can supply how much down they have and how much they can afford to pay a month. We then have formulas that let him know what price range he should be looking in. This is not the only one example of the calculations we do. Others include how much a monthly payment would be based on data received and so on. I can supply our general amortization equations if anyone wants them. We also have counters on the buttons so that once a user logs on to the application a counter tracks all the buttons that are pushed. Our kiosk in Giant Eagle also had a POS 4" printer in it to let the user print out property info they are interested in including the MSL. We also used all users entered to print out contest entries for Giant Eagle's weekly drawing. Once a week we would (for a fee) supply the realtor with all of the date and the leads that the kiosk had gathered. The realtor can also make good use of the data to see what areas and price ranges different locations produced. MAKE SURE you check you states laws as to gathering public data. Our users were all informed by screen text about how their input was to be used. You will also need a method to get new listings into the kiosk on a regular basis without having to visit it. This is another book. If you are interested I can post another page of info on that. We have developed a system so that realtor could send us excel and we would send back a zip disk, which was inserted into a cutout in the back of the kiosk. The realtor did not have access to the inside of the kiosk. I have been typing quicker than I should, please excuse any typos!
    Jeff

Comment

Working...
    X