Alpha Video Training

Thread: Tabbed forms

Ron Morgan

Default Tabbed forms

Designed form for a set.Placed tabbed form on main form with each tab referencing a different database.Data on the second tab page does not showup when I come back to that record. Data is saved in the db file but doesn't show on form. Data on first page shows fine.I have established a one to many link with referential integrity and a unique ordering option in the link options for every database in the set. Can anybody offer a solution?

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Michael Humby

Default RE: Tabbed forms

Ron,

Are you sure that you are going about this the right way. Your tabbed subform should be base on a set. Then try placing the child records as embedded browse on each tab.

Michael

"Certified" Alphaholic forskare's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ken Nordin

Ron,

Michael is right. When I based the subform on the table rather than the set, I had the same problem. Additionally, if I remember correctly, I had a problem when I placed fields (other than calc fields)directly on the tabbed page rather than placing a form on the tabbed page. I created a form based on the set rather than the table and it worked fine. After placing the form, I was able to place calculated fields on the same tabbed page the form was on and it works great.

kenn

Ron Morgan

Michael: The form was created based on a set of 5 or 6 db. Then the tabbed subform was placed on this form. All the fields are referenced to fields in the set. Is there another command or expression that I need to place on the tab subform so it will reference the set itself.

Ron Morgan

Ken: Are you suggesting that I create individual forms and then place them on the tabbed suform?

Real Name
    Ken Nordin

Yes, That's how I did it.

You have more control and it looks more professional. At least I think it does.

ken

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Michael Humby

Ron,

Assuming that your set consists of a parent and several related child 1 to many tables.

If this is the case, create a form based on the set, place a tabbed subform object on the form, place some parent key fields on the form above the tabbed subform, then place an embedded browse on each tab.

Is this what you are trying to achieve?

Michael

Ron Morgan

Ken: Thanks for all your help. I created forms and then placed them as subforms on the tabbed form. They seem to be working ok. One problem I have noticed is that I have to save each time I go to a tab to get the fields to display. I'm using checkboxes(true/false), not radio buttons. When I go to a new tab on the same form, I have to refresh the display to get the data to display on the form. Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Ron Morgan

Michael: Thanks for your help. I used your and Ken's suggestion and it really helped. I do have a problem which I mentioned in my note to Ken. See if you have any suggestions. I'm sure it's somthing simple.
    Thanks

Real Name
    Ken Nordin

Ron,

I don't have any check boxes on my tabbed subform. And, I don't have the problem of saving B4 going to another tab.

Check this out: I believe there is a mode (save upon exit)that can be set to require saving when exiting a form. It may be in one of the menu items under settings or it could be in the form properties. If this is enabled, that could be the problem.

Hope this gives you some direction.

kenn

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Michael Humby

Ron,

If you are still having problems, why don't you zip up ypu database and attach it to your message.

Michael