Alpha Video Training

Thread: Reaching a Max No in filed

Real Name
    John Burke

Default Reaching a Max No in filed

Hi all, searched many threads, mostly on reaching max index's. My situation. I have 2 tables, bookings and counsellors. A form build on the bookings.tbl. I need a msg box to pop up if this scenario is reached. Each Counsellor may have diff max for the amount of clients they see in a day. I need a way of checking the ounsellor id # and then the booking Date. If the max # of booking has been reached for the counsellor id, then a msg box will pop up and warn the receptionist that the max amt is full to check another date. If anyone know of a thread similiar to what I need, I would appreacite the direction. If not, any and all suggestions, welcomed kindly. tks jb

Former Alpha Employee JerryBrightbill's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jerry Brightbill

Default RE: Reaching a Max No in filed

John

I think the only method that might work would be to run a query on the table when the form opens and find how many records fit the criteria. The simplist way to do that is with the function

a5_get_records_in_query()

If the number returned exceeds the desired number, show the message and prevent entry on the form.

Jerry

Real Name
    John Burke

Thank you Gerry, I'll try that.

Real Name
    John Burke

Well I look at 47 threads, min, about a5_get_records_in_query, al lot of info, couldn't get it to relate to my query. In short I need a query,calc field, or whatever it take to find the result I want. Once reception enter a new booking and goes to assign a counsellor to it, whatever, need to search the date field for the number of occurances the counsellor id has, if the max number of bookings has been reached, according to whateve amount is set by the counsellor, a msg box will alert reception that no more bookings can be made for this counsellor, pick another date. Thanks for the help. jb