Alpha Video Training

Thread: 2005 Alpha Conference

Jeannette Cook

Default 2005 Alpha Conference

Itching to go are you? Great!

Sorry, no info yet on the dates, or the location (I have a feeling that it may be Boston once again.)

Stay tuned ;-)

-Jeannette
    Alpha Software Customer Service

Real Name
    Valerie Simpkins

Default RE: 2005 Alpha Conference

Hi Folks,
    The dates are set. Mark your calendars and start planning to attend the 2005 Alpha Conference to be held, May 20th - 22nd at the Renaissance Bedford Hotel in Bedford, MA. We are in the midst of the planning process. More details will follow and the conference website will be up in a month or two.

Remember, this is the once a year opportunity to get the most out of your investment in Alpha Five. The conference will be filled with educational sessions, networking opportunities, keynote sessions, and a chance to meet the staff of Alpha Software. Additional activities include pre-conference "hands-on" training, the Business Consultant's Workshop (expanded), and the Dinner Cruise on the "Spirit of Boston".

We're happy to host this event again this year. We look forward to seeing everyone there!

Cheers.
    - Valerie

PACE Training Group, Inc.
    Building Knowledge Experts in Alpha Five!

Real Name
    Tom Mills

Just a thought here.....

I went to 2003 Conference. Loved it. Didn't go last year, even though I would have liked to. Just wasn't sure I could justify the cost, and had a conflict one evening.

I'm kind of in same position this year. I'd like to go but I'd probably need to spend (minimum) $200 on air fare, $200 on room, and $400 on conference.

But I'd love to see/hear the conference sessions. Have you considered whether you could broadcast it over internet? Trust me, I'd drop $100 on that without even blinking. (as long as it worked)

Now I know you wouldn't want to cannablize your attendees, and I'm sure some of that would occur, but I suspect this option would be very popular if technically feasable.

Real Name
    Robert Gowan

I would guess that live webcast wouldn't be considered a good idea until the conference is fully sold out. It appears the user base is growing, but there was still room for more at last year's conference. I'll be there again this year and will be trying to convince all the other's I know to attend, too. If you can encourage lots more, you may have a shot at webcast.

Recordings of many sessions were posted after the conference last year - I hope this will happen again.

Bob

Real Name
    Dave Jampole
    Haughton, LA ( just east of Shreveport, Louisiana)

I agree with Bob. Fragmenting the attendee base would be counterproductive. I know that there are users/developers who, for whatever reason, can't make it to the conference, but there needs to be a certain number of attendees for the conference to financially viable. While, obviously, Valarie want's to put on the conference, Pace Training is not a charity organization and needs to cover expenses.

Making recordings of the sessions is smart and worth while (at leaast in my opinion), I personally don't think a webcast is smart.

Comments?

Dave

Real Name
    Dave Jampole

I agree with Bob. Fragmenting the attendee base would be counterproductive. I know that there are users/developers who, for whatever reason, can't make it to the conference, but there needs to be a certain number of attendees for the conference to be financially viable. While, obviously, Valarie want's to put on the conference, Pace Training is not a charity organization and needs to cover expenses, which I don't think could happend with a webcast.

Making recordings of the sessions is smart and worth while (at leaast in my opinion), I personally don't think a webcast is smart.

Comments?

Dave

Real Name
    Dave Jampole

I agree with Bob. Fragmenting the attendee base would be counterproductive. I know that there are users/developers who, for whatever reason, can't make it to the conference, but there needs to be a certain number of attendees for the conference to be financially viable. While, obviously, Valarie want's to put on the conference, Pace Training is not a charity organization and needs to cover expenses, which I don't think could happend with a webcast.

Comments?

Dave

Real Name
    Dave Jampole

Damn, talk about a finger twitch .....

Real Name
    Tom Mills

" know that there are users/developers who, for whatever reason, can't make it to the conference, but there needs to be a certain number of attendees for the conference to be financially viable. While, obviously, Valarie want's to put on the conference, Pace Training is not a charity organization and needs to cover expenses, which I don't think could happend with a webcast. "

Well, it depends on how much cannibalization would take place. And they would have to do some research. Having a Webcast (and to be honest, having stuff on DVD immediately afterwards might be easier/smarter) would be a net increase of $100 from me.

If 100 people bought DVD's at $100 that brings in $10,000. That would be a good thing if only 10 people cancelled but it would be a bad thing if 50 people cancelled.