Alpha Video Training

Thread: Printing 3-Part Checks

Lynda Huddleston

Default Printing 3-Part Checks

For my payable checks, I want to print a 3-part but I need the detail (list of invoices paid with check) to print not only on their part, but repeat on my part. I can't figure out how to repeat the detail in the report.

Have a set: Checks linked to APInvoices, The report is grouped by check#. The 3 part is: 1st part - my copy (group header). 2nd part their copy (detail), and 3rd part the actual check with totals (group footer.

In the 1st part (mine) i can put total, check#, date, addresee - how do I get the list of invoices to pay to print on mine as well as theirs?

Also, the stub only holds 60 invoices, how can I have it know if the number of invoices selected exceeds the 60 and have it print "See Attached" if it does and not print the invoices?

Steve Dentler

Default RE: Printing 3-Part Checks

I presume you're talking about printing to a laser check such as stub, check, stub. I believe you'll have to use a sub-report to accomplish this. You might even want both stubs on a sub-report.

Lynda Huddleston

I haven't used sub-reports before. Would you mind giving me a quick explanation of how to accomplice?

Steve Dentler

Briefly, if you have a set say of check header linked 1 to many with check detail (the individual invoices to appear on the stub), you going to have a sub-report in the beginning of your detail section on the layout editor followed by the check information (payee, check date, check number, amount, etc), followed by another sub-report.

When you select insert, new object, sub-report, a separate layout editor will open on the check detail if your set is designed as above. You will select the detail lines to print on the sub-report here (invoice number, invoice refererence, gross, discount, net, etc). You will do the same thing on the second sub-report.

You may want to review sub-reports in the user manual before beginning

Lynda Huddleston

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! It is exactly what I needed.