Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Alpha Five V4.5 Now Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpha Five V4.5 Now Available

Alpha Five V4.5 is now available for purchase at www.alphasoftware.com.

The cost of the upgrade is $79. The upgrade price can be applied in full toward the cost of the Version 5 upgrade when it ships later this year.

Thank You.

RE: Alpha Five V4.5 Now Available

I note that the Upgrade price shown in your e-mail is $79.00 but when I went to order the price is shown is $125.00. Could you please explain the difference?

Thanks,

Robert Yeo

Comment

Please forget my previous post. I see where the 79.00 upgrade is for V4 owners and the 125.00 is for owners of previous versions.

Robert Yeo

Comment

Selwyn,

The price for the A5 V4.5 runtime is $199. Will this price also be applied to the A5 V5 runtime?

Comment

I'm not Selwyn, but "YES", it will be applied as stated in his previous announcements.

kenn
          TYVM :) kenn

Knowing what you can achieve will not become reality until you imagine and explore.

Comment

Ken is correct.

Thanks
            Richard Rabins
            Richard Rabins
            Co Chairman
            Alpha Software

Comment

Am i correct in understanding the that price of full runtime version is USD199/-? Especially for the firt time buyer? I may consider purchasing it.

In otherwords, I can deploy an application to the users as an application for those users who do not have A5 software?

Please advise,

Regardss,

Miku

Comment

I think 199.00 is to upgrade if you already have a runtime. Otherwise the full price is 499.00 (495.00 download version). Check the Alpha Software products web pages...

Comment

Selwyn,

Thanks for the offer of transferring the purchase cost of version 4.5 completely to version 5. However, without knowing what version 5 will cost, I'm leery of jumping in.

For example, if version 5 costs only $50 more, then I'd likely get it. But if it costs $250 more, then I'd likely not get either.

2 QUESTIONS
                  1) When will we have a firm price on version 5?
                  2) Will this offer still be available after version 5 is released? (I expect not, but you never know...)

And one more
                  3) And if the answer to (1) is "when it is released" and the answer to (2) is no, then where does that leave us???

Thanks.
                  Bruce Fraser

Comment

Hi Bruce,

I've had some contact w/Selwyn not too long ago about the cost of V5. My guess is that it will be competive to other databases. He will need to be compteively priced to win a larger share of the database market. You might want to check out the prices of Access, Paradox, and the others. You'll also need to compare features. I can tell you that Paradox 9 is not even in the league of V4.5 much less v5. I also use Access 97 and would pay more for A5v4.5 than for A97 simply because A5 is considerably more robust and flexible. So, as you see, price alone should not be the deciding factor if v5 is competively priced.

Selwyn may not have given much thought to question #2. If it were me, I would offer v4.5 for as long as the supply of disks lasted.

I offered my take on this as Selwyn and his staff are moving into larger quarters and I'm sure his time is limited. Hope this is of some help to you.

kenn

Knowing what you can achieve will not become reality until you imagine and explore.

Comment

Bruce,

When I first started inquiring about Alpha 5 V 4.5 and V 5.0 I e-mailed Alpha's sales group with a number of questions, including the proposed price of Version 5.0.

I was told at that time that the anticipated price of Version 5.0 would be about $250.00.

If you have downloaded and read the 100 plus pages of new features in Version 5.0, you would certainly agree that another $100.00 is a bargain.

Hope this helps you in making a decision.

Brent Warwick

Comment

Hello Folks,

Alpha 4.5 - no doubt it is an excellent product. Hence the reason to purchase one sometime back (last month). On the basis that the upgrade to verson 5 will be available at no additional cost.

Following this thread, it appear to me that the release will carry an upgrade price tag.

Now, I wonder what is the correct position?

Please advise.

Regards,

Miku

Comment

Miku,

If you purchased the 4.5 upgrade on the basis that v4 wil be available at no additional cost, you have misunderstood. The 4.5 upgrade price will be applied to the cost of v5. Thus, if the cost of v5 (and I said IF) is $250, then you would actually pay $171. I have not seen or heard anyone say that there would be no additional charge for v5.

With all the features that will be included in v5, I'm not sure I'd classify it as an ugrade but rather a huge, major face lift.

kenn

Comment

Ah, that is so then. Actually, I bought the full product at USD145.00 via the web download.

And "if" it cost USD250/-, then the upgrade price is USD105. Right? Based on their site's pare, "The cost of your V4.5 purchase will be applied in full to your V5 upgrade."

Still, no problem. A good deal.

Anxiously awaiting the eventual release.

Miku

Comment

Ken,
                              I wouldn't call ver. 5 a "face lift", rather, revolutionary might be closer to the truth.
                              Peter
                              AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]
                              https://www.alphabasesolutions.com

Comment

Working...
                              X