Alpha Video Training

Thread: An Opportunity!!!

Andy Dibble

Default An Opportunity!!!

I am developing an application for selling products that uses Sales Codes with allocated Stock codes!

In my application I have an order set which enables me to make estimates for customers. If the estimate is accepted by the customer I invoice the estimate using an Invoice Set.

This is where my application is stuck!

My Sales Codes used to invoice products (Master Products) hold multiple stock codes allocated to each Sales Code. For example – ABC1234 may have say 5 stock codes allocated to that code! An invoice with say 5 Sales Codes could have a total of say 20 Stock Items that need to be picked from the warehouse.

In addition – when an invoice is sold the delivery of these items may not take place for a considerable amount of time and therefore I have to manage the sold items with in the system. I have created a table called Stock Allocated. Thus for inventory audit purposes it would be a case of: QOH + SOLD = Physical warehouse stock. The shelf may have 10 physical items but only 3 could be available for sale.

I want to create a system to manage an invoice that is sold by executing the following:

1. Evaluates the invoiced items and creates a summarised stock listing of the codes. (Each stock code line item will be unique and any duplicated stock items from the summarised invoice items are totalled.

2. Once the sales codes have been summarised a posting function will need to deduct the totals from the inventory table.

3. In addition to point 2 the sold stock codes need to be appended to the Stock Allocation table referenced by the customer reference (invoice number).

4. The Stock Allocation table has the customer reference (invoice number), stock code, order qty and allocated qty data. N This is linked to a Product table that pulls in the description and other related information.

I appreciate the purpose of this forum is for helping new users and for exchanging experiences and new ideas etc. Unfortunately I have a ridiculous time scale to finish my application and although I will eventually achieve what I need as I learn and increase my Alpha 5 knowledge, I would appreciate any urgent assistance to complete my application. If any person is willing to undertake the above and g’tee me results, I am prepared to commission you to assist in return for negotiated flat fee paid by me to you directly. Please contact me directly by email should you be interested.

Many thanks
    Andy

Real Name
    Bruce Williams

Default RE: An Opportunity!!!

I have used alpha for about 12 years now, but have not yet helped anyone else with their project, but I am willing to give it a try. If you could zip your database (under tools, zip database) and email it to me( be sure to identify yourself; I don't open attachments that I am not expecting), I would be able to understand your project. Then hopefully I would be able to help.
    Bruce Williams fww1001-alpha@yahoo.com

"Certified" Alphaholic forskare's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ken Nordin

Andy said...

"""Please contact me directly by email should you be interested."""

kenn

Andy Dibble

Ken,
    just hit my name and your email client will should open, if you have one.
    Regards
    Andy

"Certified" Alphaholic forskare's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ken Nordin

Hi Andy,

I was just trying to let him know that you wanted him to contact you via email.

kenn

Andy Dibble

Bruce,
    many thanls for your email.
    Question - does your net provider allow 3mb downloads. Thats the size of the application.

I will try and reduce the size by removing some of the data I have stored in the tables, however - it would be better to have the lot.

Please let me know
    Regards
    Andy

Andy Dibble

Ken,
    Your a good man thank you.
    Regards
    Andy

VAR
    Real Name
    Martin W. Cole