Alpha Video Training

Thread: Calendar Day View - Day Wrong

Real Name
    Scott Penrose

Default Calendar Day View - Day Wrong

Hi

The Calendar addin v2.10 in day view (after clicking + to advance one month) is showing April 1st as Saturday - whereas it should be tomorrow (thursday). If I advance a couple of months ahead and back again then it correctly shows it as a Thursday - but then it shows the 1st May as a Saturday.

All looks fine in the monthly view.

Could not find any other posts referring to this issue.. is there a fix?

Regards,
    Scott

Ray Farland

Default RE: Calendar Day View - Day Wrong

Just check my calendar and it also shows 31 days for April, 2004. This does not happen if I advance to next month with March 30, or any other day in March, selected as active day.

Ray Farland

checked calendar further. June, Sept, and Nov also are in error and have 31 days when I advance months from March 31.

What it appears to be doing is displaying May for April, July for June, October for Sept, and Dec for Nov.

It does not seem to correct itself, going forward or back, unless I change active day.

This also appears to happen when I advance to any month that has 30 days, when the 31st of preceeding month is selected as the active day.

Former Alpha Employee JerryBrightbill's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jerry Brightbill

It indeed is a bug. It only occurs in the plus or minus one month. It has been indentified and as soon as a fix is available, it will be posted on the original Alpha download site and a notice placed in the announcements section of the forum. Currently, I am traveling, but a fix should be posted later this week.

Jerry

Former Alpha Employee JerryBrightbill's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jerry Brightbill

The latest build for the Calendar and Toolbox addin has been posted on the Alpha site. Use the original download information you received when you purchased the addin and download the new version, which is build 2.12.

There are a number of changes in this version. The problem with the daily calendar has been fixed. When the next or previous month is selected, and that month does not have the current day of the month, the last day of the month is selected. For example, if the current date is March 31 and you select plus 1 month, there is no April 31. The calendar will open in April, but April 30 will be selected.

Action Scripting is now available to create the code to open a calendar. The process is covered in the FAQ, which has been posted in the code archive. I also posted release notes which show all of the changes since the first version.

Jerry