Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Help needed by creating Form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed by creating Form

Hi All,

I try to create a stocklist which can be calculated by any date.

Therefore i have an table with all + or - quatities, so the stock is just a sum for each article. Herefore i made an Operation which summarize the stock and group by Article.

Now i want to make the form, and here comes the problems...
    Basicly i want a datefield, where i can select the stocklist of that day, and beneath that a browse-object with the stock of that moment. So if i select 1 feb. 2004, i want to see the summarized fields till that day.

I hope anybody can help me with this in big lines.

Becaurse my English is not so very great, here comes it again in Dutch. Reading and understanding English is no problem, only creating something others can understand too...

[Dutch]

Hoi,

Ik probeer een voorraadlijst aan te maken, die berekend kan worden voor iedere willekeurige datum.

In de lijst met boekingen staat een extra veld waar het aantal positief of negatief in staat, dus de huidige voorraad is alleen de som van alle boekingen per artikel.
    Via Operations wordt de tabel met de voorraad nu berekend.

Maar nu komt het probleem waar ik in grote lijnen hulp bij nodig heb:

Ik wil een formulier met alleen een datum veld en een subformulier voor de voorraad.
    Als je nu bijv. 1 jan. 2004 kiest, wil ik alleen de voorraad zien van die datum, dus de som van alle artikelen tot die datum.

Nou heb ik al een beetje zitten stoeien, maar dat laatste krijg ik niet rond.

Kan iemand me daarin op het rechte pad zetten?

[/Dutch]

Thanks in advance,
    Maurice van 't Loo
    The Netherlands

RE: Help needed by creating Form

Hi,

What you need to do is to create a table like a checkbook register that keeps a running balance. See Peter Wayne's web site article on how to create the table.

Then, when you have the table constructed correctly, place a browse on the form and filter it to only show records prior to the specified date.

Jay
    Jay Talbott
    Lexington, KY

Comment

Well Maurice, for someone who thinks his English is not very great, you did a pretty go job describing your situation.

""Basicly i want a datefield, where i can select the stocklist of that day,""

Can you creat 2 prompts? 1 for entering a date and the other for selecting an article. This can be done with action scripting. This could be put on the form's OnInit event so you're filtering the form every time it opens. If need be, you could have a duplicate of the form w/o the filters.

""and beneath that a browse-object with the stock of that moment. So if i select 1 feb. 2004, i want to see the summarized fields till that day.""

To get an effective browse, you will need 2 tables so that the browse only shows the stock (child table) for the article (parent table) selected.
      Hope this helps,

kenn
      TYVM :) kenn

Knowing what you can achieve will not become reality until you imagine and explore.

Comment

After a lot of reading, try-ing, cursing and a lot of other things, i found an extreme easy solution... I knew there was one :-)

The form haves only 1 Calender type-field with a global var. "Date_Field" and a browse of the table that was calculated by the Summarize Operation.

In the Operation there is a condition that the field Date: ""= Var-"Date_Field"

And the calendar-field haves a OnChange event with a "Run Saved Operation"

So, if i change the date-field with the Calender, and press tab (or maybe a dummy button), the Operation recalcs the table and i see the stocklist of that specific day.

So, everybody who thought with me, a lot of thanks...

Regards,
        Maurice

Comment

Hoi Maurice,

Is het niet handiger om een tweede tabel te maken die de actuele voorraad bijhoudt ?
          Die 2e tabel zet je dan in een set met je eerste tabel via het artikelnummer als link.
          Via een update operatie werk je dan steeds bij iedere mutatie op de parent tabel de child tabel bij.
          Zo staat steeds de juiste voorraad in de child tabel.
          Heeft als voordeel dat je makkelijker rapporten opmaakt gebaseerd op de child tabel zonder dat je eerst ingewikkelde berekeningen/operaties in het rapport moet uitvoeren.
          Bovendien kun je met die voorraad tabel dan weer verder bouwen.
          Want: ik neem aan dat je spreekt over de actuele voorraad.
          Maar wil je niet ook informatie over de economische voorraad (=actuele voorraad+inkopen-bestellingen) ?

Groeten,

Marcel

Comment

Hoi Marcel,

"Is het niet handiger om een tweede tabel te maken die de actuele voorraad bijhoudt ?"

Hier heb ik in eerste instantie ook aan zitten denken, het voordeel is dan namelijk dat je dan zonder problemen oude jaren aan boekingen kan verwijderen, wat de snelheid weer ten goede komt.
            ECHTER !!! Als je er achter komt dat je bij een boeking een verkeerd getal hebt getyped, dan wordt het een probleem bij het doorberekenen van de voorraad, deze wordt dan nl. niet meer doorberekend, of je moet iedere regel opnieuw laten berekenen.
            Degene die dit progje reeds gebruikt (in vorm van Access executable) maakt erg vaak fouten die later hersteld moeten worden, en daarbij gaat het om slechts +/- 1000 boekingen per jaar, dus het berekenen zal wel snel genoeg lukken.

Ik heb de DB erbij gedaan, kan je zien wat ik bedoel. Daarbij ben ik natuurlijk wel trots op wat ik bereikt heb sinds mijn aller eerste Alpha Five kennismaking, afgelopen dinsdag :-)

Bedankt,
            Maurice

[To non-Dutch phorum-members]

This information was just a discussion about the way how to keep up the stock; summarize the whole table, or keep the stock in a second table.

Becaurse i need a lot of time to translate Dutch to English, i kept it in Dutch and am happy that it can :-)

Thanks all,
            Maurice

Comment

"Ik heb de DB erbij gedaan, kan je zien wat ik bedoel."

Het proggie is berekend op 1024x768 met gebruik van de toolbar {code - toolbar - run)
              Niet bestaande items op de toolbar verwijzen naar "Producten"

Comment

Hoi Maurice,

Ik heb maar een emailtje gestuurd, dat werkt makkelijker.
                De meeste forum bezoekers hebben moeilijkheden met Nederlands, ik weet ook niet waarom.
                Mij hebben ze dat al heel jong geleerd, en jou ook kennelijk :-)

Er is een nederlandse gebruikersgroep in oprichting, Rene Stout is daar mee bezig. Ik zou zeggen stuur hem eens een emailtje, hij heeft wat weinig respons tot nu toe en kan wel wat extra respons gebruiken.
                Zijn email adres is: [email protected]

Groeten,
                Marcel

Comment

Working...
                X