Alpha Video Training

Thread: Pre Purchase Questions

Joe Ohlandt

Default Pre Purchase Questions

Hello Everyone,

I need to create several types of stand alone programs and I would appreciate your input since this list like any has it's share of experts.

Will I be able to create a program that I can distribute to others like a Membership database program? I will also need this to have two different programs, one being a master system used to keep ultimate track of what 200 other lower level programs are doing by the lower programs submitting information to the master. Info will need to be transmitted by internet or disk. Accounting and report generation will also be required at all levels.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Joe Ohlandt

Volunteer Moderator Peter.Greulich's Avatar
    Real Name
    Peter Greulich

Default RE: Pre Purchase Questions

Will I be able to create a program that I can distribute to others like a Membership database program?

Yes. But you will need to purchase a runtime version as well as the full program version.

I will also need this to have two different programs, one being a master system used to keep ultimate track of what 200 other lower level programs are doing by the lower programs submitting information to the master.

Alpha Five v.5 is a full relational database. Whatever you can program, Alpha can do.

Info will need to be transmitted by internet or disk.

Alpha Five is not a web application, but you can email, copy, move data and/or application files just like any other files.
    Alpha Five has built in email fuunctionality that you can program and/or customize.
    FYI: Alpha Software has a Web Application Server (WAS) in BETA.

Accounting and report generation will also be required at all levels.

Whatever you can program, Alpha can do. Alpha has full reporting capabilities.

-PG

Real Name
    Fred Daniel

Default RE: Pre Purchase Questions

John, I've programed in all kinds of database programs and application builders. There is no better program than Alpha5, period. It has surpassed all programs I've tried and continues to do so every day. I build software applications for a major company and I can build just about anything they can think up.