Alpha Video Training

Thread: Release date for A5 Version 6

Real Name
    Mario Prieto

Default Release date for A5 Version 6

Is there a release date for A5 v6??
    I know that A5 v5.5 is coming out, but is it worth the upgrade?
    What are the main features??
    Is there a place to look at the new features for the next release???

Thanks.
    The Mexican

Alpha Software Employee Lenny Forziati's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lenny Forziati

Default RE: Release date for A5 Version 6

http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/alphaphorum/read.php3?sortby=lastreply&direction=desc&num=11&id=35985&thread=35985

http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/alphaphorum/read.php3?sortby=lastreply&direction=desc&num=11&id=34717&thread=34717

http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/alphaphorum/read.php3?sortby=lastreply&direction=desc&num=11&id=31537&thread=31537

http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/alphaphorum/read.php3?sortby=lastreply&direction=desc&num=11&id=27937&thread=27937

Real Name
    Terry bryan

If it's anything like the release date of v5 it will be 8 times longer than any projected dated given in the next 6 months for V6 I know it sounds like a cheap shot at alpha, but it was well over year after the projected release date of v5 when v5 became available. Every 3 months alpha would update the release to the next quarter of the year, knowing full well that it was not humanly possible with their resources to meet any of the dates. It was well worth the wait and understandable due to the rewrite of everything into xdialog. It is always warrented to publicly acknowledge delays in the next release of a product. The delays in A5 and lack of realistic release dates came across to me as a panic on Alpha's part with fear of losing potential users. And the thought that V5 might have been delayed in any way wasting efforts on the release of 4.5 was a poor business decision in my opinion. But I don't own a software company and Richard and Sweylen do so I shouldn't second guess their decisions. It may have been necessary to generate income to cpmpleter V5.0 I just hope that with this release, that A5 is honest in their projected dates, and does not try to release a 5.5 to try ans subdue those of us that are chomping at the bit for some new features. Alpha 4.5 was a lame attempt at satisfying those that were waiting for all of the real upgraded features in the much too long awaited v5.0. I'd like Alpha to just tell it like it is this time and people will either wait or they will but something else that they wihed they hadn't purchased when V6 arrives and will buy V6 anyway.

Mark Campidonica

Alpha Five, version 5 is pretty powerful as it is. I think we can be patient. It certainly not like getting stuck with version 1 in the DOS WINDOWS conversion. They lost me there.

Mark

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    jim chapman

Hello Terry,

Although I don't have any insight that isn't available to all in the Alpha community, I would guess that we will not be waiting all that long. Now as far as version numbering and features go, my guess would be that's a moving target.

>>Alpha 4.5 was a lame attempt

"Certified" Alphaholic Melvin Davidson's Avatar
    Real Name
    Melvin Davidson

There is a saying "Good tnings come to those that wait". Another of my own is "Don't kick the mule pulling the plow just because it's not going fast enough".

IOW, Alpha Software is on the right track. They know what will work and will produce a quality product. They, as much as you, want to make version 6 available asap, but are responsible enough to insure it isn't released until it's ready, unlike many other software companies out there. I'm sure Alpha Software will update us with a release date when they are confident they can make it.

just my 2 cents worth,
    Melvin Davidson