Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Grouping problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grouping problems

I have a set that contains a database for billing purposes and a ledger database. The billing database contains all aspects of orders, the ledger contains only the statement number and billing date linked by account number.

What I am trying to do is print current due amounts with detail on the statement, also trying to print 30-60 days past due, 60-90 past due, and over 120 days past due on same report.

I am sure this is possible, just can't figure out the right groupings on the report.

Thanks

Dan

RE: Grouping problems

I should also add the ledger contains the total statement amount and the date billed. It is also updated when the statement is paid by date.

Dan

Comment

Use the filter on the report. Click on the Report menu and then the top choice, I think it's Report Properties. Open the Filter/Sort tab.

Then use the Genie to create the expression by choosing the field that represents the 30, 60, 90 days past due. etc. You'll need a report for each. Simply duplicate the first report and then change the filter respectively.

In a nutshell, that's the basics.

kenn
      TYVM :) kenn

Knowing what you can achieve will not become reality until you imagine and explore.

Comment

I got my totals all to work on one report.
        Current, 30-60 past due, 60-90 Past due, Over 90 Past due.

Now how can I keep each grouping level from printing in the detail section.

Example:

I have 4 Groups:
        Acctnum
        Over90
        Over60
        Over30
        (detail Section)
        (On report form in that order)

Acctnum give me all outstanding invoices (including current)
        Over90 90+ days outstanding etc.

I get detail for all the groups in the report
        I only want current detail.

Is there a way to turn off the detail for the groups?
        The report is attached to a set that includes my ledger info and the billing info.

Comment

Dan,

The info you provide doesn't help much as perhaps evidenced by the lack of responses to your questions.

Any section can be included or excluded. Have you explored the report or group properties?

kenn

Knowing what you can achieve will not become reality until you imagine and explore.

Comment

Dan,

I don't think you can filter the report to exclude previously billed activity. Otherwise your past due balances will all be zero.

I recommend you put a large conditional object in the detail band, and filter it to show only activity that's less than 30 days old. Put your activity description and charges fields on the object. Older activity details will be excluded, and that probably is ok, since they probably have already been billed.

Instead of multiple groups, I'd group on the AcctNum field only. Then I'd probably use a series of calc fields to collect the running past due balances in each group, displaying them in the group footer.

in pseudo code the 30-60 past due field expression would look something like this:

if the bill_date is not earlier than 60 days before today AND it's not later than 30 days before today, then count the billed amount, otherwise return a zero.

This would look like this (change field names to match your structure):

if(between(billed_date, date()- 60, date() - 30), billed_amt, 0)

This calc field would be totalled over the range of records in each Acct_num group.

Similar calc fields would be created and totalled for the 60 to 90 day range, and for the over 90 etc..

The last touch would be set the properties of the group break to begin each group on a new page.

-- tom

Comment

Ken

No matter how much you think you didn't help
              YOU WERE A GREAT HELP IN ME FIGURING THIS OUT!
              You made me read the documentation a little more thourghly!

YES I SAID I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!

My main problem was that I had a stupid attack with date calculations.

I was using existing data and basing calcs on the system date. And then trying to match everything based on the premise it was printed the day it was billed!! DUH.

Once I changed my system date to reflect the last date a statement was recorded everything went together quickly, and heh the numbers came out right and so did the printouts!

THANKS AGAIN!!
              Dan

Comment

See message ID 34703

Thanks Tom,

I actually got all the info filtered out on one report

Including
                Current Items (detailed)

Report footer includes
                Current Total
                31-60 days total
                61-90 days total
                90+ days total
                Grand total due

Dan

Comment

Dan,

Glad you got it working.

kenn

Comment

Working...
                  X