New call-to-action

Thread: runtime problems

Carolyn Simpson

Default runtime problems

I spent the day getting my security in line for my second runtime installation, the first went fine a while ago. Once I got my forms closing and control panel hiding, I mistakenly installed my user instead of runtime version so I uninstalled and installed from cd not marked. But this computer has a new printer, hp1300 that gives me an error message. It won't open my application. Is the unmarked cd the runtime one? The other is marked user runtime. thanks

Carolyn Simpson

Default RE: runtime problems

I checked the program that is now installed is the runtime version, it won't open the folder with my data or several others although it will open an old version of the data in v4. It gives me an error message about a "muf" file. thanks

Alpha Software Employee Selwyn Rabins's Avatar
    Real Name
    Selwyn Rabins

make sure that all of the files in the folder are not marked read only. open explorer. select the files. right click. select properties and make sure that read only is turned off.

Carolyn Simpson

The first error message I get is : pdf driver failed to load with error: the printer name is invalid
    Html, rtf, text drivers loaded.

The printer is an hp1300 -one of their newest

This message still comes up even if I change the default to hp1200.

When I try to open the database it tells me that the muf file won't open. A5v4 will open.

The files aren't read only but many fields are marked read only on some forms. Do I need to unmark all of those?

Carolyn Simpson

Correction-these files are read only in my computer and I cannot get the removal of this attribute to apply. I remove it and it keeps changing back. I set-up a read only browse, hide the control panel and other things yesterday getting ready for this new user. Do you think Alpha is re-setting the read only. The first runtime I set up is still working fine though on the same files.

Could my installing the user version on one computer instead of runtime, even though I didn't open it, keep the runtimes on this and on an additional computer from opening the files? Thanks

Carolyn Simpson

Sorry, my problem was the server setup. I figured it out from your tip. Thanks