Alpha Video Training

Thread: Send report to HTML

Real Name
    George Corder

Default Send report to HTML

I have a database of employees and their extension. As employees come or go and/or their extension number changes, I simply have to update their record in the db. I also have published this to our intrAnet by order of Name on one page and order of Extension on another. This is in a 3 column fashion. I started out manually maintaining these two pages as tables in MS Frontpage which was a very tedious process. BUT, now I have used A5V5 :) to create 2 seperate reports that send to HTML a 3 column report sorted by name and another sorted by extension. I used action scripting to print the reports to an HTM file and a simple FTP batch file which uploads them to the server, all in about 5 seconds!!!
    So much for the story of why I use it, I now need to find a way to insert a hypertext link at the top of either page for navigation purposes. I would like to avoid the use of frames. Can A5 reports contain HTML?

Thanks

Real Name
    George Corder

Default RE: Send report to HTML

This is what I have created by means of a 2 framed page, http://www.2sai.com/cnb/directory.htm
    The Name, Extension and Department links take you to 3 seperate pages. With the click of one button, all of the html formatting, font colors, column creation and uploading to the hosted web server is performed in alpha. If I now change or add a record, I don't have to manually update 3 pages.

Jeff Klages

Default RE: Send report to HTML

Pretty slick... I like it.