Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Hmmmm....Alpha not really using their own software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: Hmmmm....Alpha not really using their own soft

Jerry it's not a draw...
    Questions need to answered NOT deflected with childish/snide comments or ignored.

The following questions from a 'named user' has been
    unanswered for over 24 hours...it creates disillusionment & apathy
    ===============================
    @ http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/alphaphorum/read.php3?num=16&id=50&loc=0&offset=0&sortby=lastreply&direction=desc&thread=50
    ========================================
    Msg ID: 50
    Subject: WAS deployment options questions
    Author: Jim Seidel from SaveGas.com
    Date: 07-28-2004 1:09 PM
    =======================================
    ...and finally...
    Here are some questions:
    1) Why is WAS so SLOW, I know from experience that a server can be overloaded, but in our case we have no users accessing the server which is in essence sitting idol except for A5
    2) When the server boots up Microsoft IIS automatically runs. How do we set A5 WAS to autorun in the background?
    3) How do we monitor what is happening within A5 and the WAS so we can troubleshoot issues.
    4) Is there a way to run WAS only and not run A5v6 on the server?
    Thanks in advance for the help
    =======================================

Comment

"Your points are taken and well understood. After all Alpha is a small company and doen't have the resources that MS would."

Yes, and look how many pages on microsoft's site STILL use simple asp and not asp.net. .net has been out years.

Comment

Perhaps you'd be happier in a unix group on usenet somewhere.

Maybe alt.whiny.troll

Comment

Tony, thanks for pointing out that thread. I had not seen it yet. I just posted a reply to Jim's questions.

-Lenny

Lenny Forziati
          Vice President, Internet Products and Technical Services
          Alpha Software Corporation

Comment

Tony

I don't think the tone of rhetoric on this thread has been very productive. Childish/snide comments by ANYONE is unproductive. Typically, on any forum, a thread that degenerates into name calling and other childish behavior is ignored by most users. Most sit on the sidelines and wait for the smoke to clear.

Afer all, this is a USER forum, not a company tech support site. A5V6 has been out a week. We are all just learning about the product, and frankly, most of us can't answer many of the questions.

Jerry

Comment

Thanks Lenny

Comment

It needed saying Jerry...the "comments" were deflecting the authors questions.

I would also like to add...it was a shame that many more Alpha users didn't have the time to participate in the A5V6 Beta Forum...I beleive this would have created more demanding WAS questions before the launch...and helped the Alpha team prepare better for the onslaught of queries from the legions of Non-Alpha users...that is about to hit them.

I'm now sitting @ the crossroads...waiting for the user/server details & pricing...of the Client Server...the final piece in the Alpha 'Jigsaw'...before I can plan the rest of my future...make my purchasing decisions"g"
                Regards
                Tony Moriarty
                ps...I hope Alpha install a 'Ticketing' support system...ASAP

Comment

Hey JP,

You still there? It looks like the "smoke has cleared" (as Jerry Brightbill so eloquently put it) and everyone can come out of the foxholes now.

It seems that the "emotional tsunami" has flooded over this thread and we're all still alive.

Of course you're welcome here, JP... along with everyone else. We all have a different way of expressing ourselves. You seem to be a "get to the point" guy... and that's okay.

Now, it looks like Marcel, Dave, Al, and Tom mistook your "What's up with that?" statement for a "This thing is all messed up!" declaration. Don't be upset with them (and you guys... don't be upset with JP).

I don't think you meant it that way. you're just a "bottom line" person. Some of us are... and some of us aren't.

As I said before... it's all cool, dude(s)! We're all different. That's what makes life so interesting.

What we really need is for Wanda Tucker to "bust a move" in this thread and straighten all of us out!

Seriously guys, let's just start over again from "square one" and get on with what we do best.

Your humble servant,

E. Rushton Gilbert

Comment

Again, a person who understands what this forum is about. You other idiots can say all you want about who I am or should I say what your viewpoint of who I am.

The bottom line is that I made a comment. This person added onto it like a forum should. He brought up legitimate issues that I want to know about. Maybe you scrub nuts dont want to know about these issues and problems and advantages, but I do. That is why I have this thread started.

What I see is that many of your people like to stick your noses in other peoples business, only commenting on attacks by someone else. This is a forum for feedback about the software, but many of you guys just want to get into the gossip, not answering questions.

Maybe some of the comments about my personality or who you might think I am really are comments about yourselves that you see in a mirror. Maybe those are your inner feelings about yourself.

You dont see me getting into the gossip column shooting other posts down in this forum. I stick the questions and comments I have asked.

Comment

Look, like you say, everyone is different. My point was dead on. If alphas company decisions have such direct effect on most of the posters lives then you guys have problems. I comments were, again, dead on. I simply wanted to know why Alpha was NOT using their software. I then found out from one the Alpha employees that in fact they were in the AlphaBay section. And I made it clear in my post after I read that information that I felt better about the product.

Read my post just above. Some of you guys get way, and I mean way, too much into the gossip area. I wanted comments about the server and you guys turn it into something it simply was not.

The egg is on your faces. I had my answers up front within 1 hour of the post - which is the whole purpose of the thread.

Hey Marcel and you other guys. You guys seem to be so awesome at what you do, why dont you start your own Alpha forum so you can control everything. The last time I checked you guys DONT work for Alpha. That would let people like me who do use the product to ask questions and make comments without having to get micro managed by people like you who appear you guys want to control this forum.

Comment

Many thanks JP...THE END"vbg"

Comment

Working...
                        X