New call-to-action

Thread: Submit Button Won't Send Data

"Certified" Alphaholic Rich Hartnett's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Hartnett

Default Submit Button Won't Send Data

I have three WAS applications (tabbed grid linkers) which all work fine on the local network, but when they are accessed from the outside world (internet) the "Submit" button causes the "Page Not Found" page to appear when the user is trying to send new or changed data.

The problem does not occur when using the "Submit" button to perform a search, only when attempting to add or change records in the database.

It should be noted that all of these applications have been working fine for the past few months. The problem just started yesterday.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this, or may know what is causing it.

Real Name
    Richard Hartnett

I see that no one has replied to this topic, so it may be a question for Selwyn, Lenny or someone else from the A5 staff.

The problem seems to have gotten worse. Now we are having problems with the SUBMIT function when used on the local network as well, although not nearly as often as when accessed from the outside, and only seems to have started happening since I downloaded the latest build of v7 to the server.

Many times the user will have to use the "back" button and try to submit their data several times before the making it through and not getting a "Page Not Available" message. Sometimes in the process, data is not retained on the form page, and has to be re-entered all over again before it can be re-submitted.

This is really becoming a problem so I'm hoping someone will have some thoughts on it.

Thanks

Real Name
    Dermot Fitzpatrick

Hi Rich

I have started getting the same thing. Before it worked fine but now I get the page not found when submitting changes in a grid. Does not seem to happen in a dialog. You have to hit the back button and try again. You may have to do that 3 or 4 time before it works. It does seem to coincide with the last patch.

Regards
    Dermot Fitzpatrick
    www.fitzsolutions.com

Alpha Software Employee Lenny Forziati's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lenny Forziati

Rich, It's very important when reporting something like this to point out that you are expereincing the problem with the V7 beta. This is something we are aware of and are investigating. If you are using your server for an application in production use, I would highly recomend not using any of the beta versions, as problems like this will crop up in a beta from time to time.

-Lenny

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Hartnett
    I see that no one has replied to this topic, so it may be a question for Selwyn, Lenny or someone else from the A5 staff.

The problem seems to have gotten worse. Now we are having problems with the SUBMIT function when used on the local network as well, although not nearly as often as when accessed from the outside, and only seems to have started happening since I downloaded the latest build of v7 to the server.

Many times the user will have to use the "back" button and try to submit their data several times before the making it through and not getting a "Page Not Available" message. Sometimes in the process, data is not retained on the form page, and has to be re-entered all over again before it can be re-submitted.

This is really becoming a problem so I'm hoping someone will have some thoughts on it.

Thanks

Real Name
    Richard Hartnett

Sorry Lenny, I guess that I should have mentioned that I was using v7 from the beginning. We started using v7 in production because we desperately needed the tabbed gridlinker for our application, and thought it would be okay to use it now, since the "real" version was due to be made available soon.

However in light of your comments, I'll wait until the "non-beta" version is available and downloaded to our server to see if the problem has then been remedied.

It is interesting though, because with the first two builds of v7 we did not experience any problems like this at all, in fact everyone was very pleased with it's performance. Hopefully you can get this bug worked out soon.

Thanks for the reply.