Alpha Video Training

Thread: WOW thats service

Real Name
    Ray Roosa

Default WOW thats service

Hi All,

I just wanted to share a very pleasant experience I had with Selwyn at Alpha Software, I emailed Selwyn about adding a label property to the frame control for desktop forms, this would allow us to add a label like the one below without having to put a separate label control on top of the frame, this was a good workaround but this is better.

Before I new it he emailed me and said it would be in the next beta release of v7.

Now that's what I call service, try to get that from Microsoft or any number of other venders, Alpha Software really do listen to their customers and most
    importantly give them the tools they need to do rapid application development (RAD)

Thank you Selwyn and the whole Alpha Software team, keep up the good work. :)
    Last edited by Rayr; 10-14-2005 at 04:59 PM.
    Kind Regards,
    Ray Roosa
    Raylin Micro, LLC.

Real Name
    Stephen Williams

Yup. I saw that. 45 minutes between post with request to post of resolution.

What is also impressive is that these tweaks do not stop once the product is released. Right now they are thick and fast as we are down to the wire on releasing Version 7. No doubt they have a short list of tougher bugs to trace, but meanwhile the little ones, if they make sense, go straight in. I have been using Alpha Five since DOS days and it has been like this the whole time. A superb standard of customer service.

Real Name
    Ray Roosa

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Williams
    Yup. I saw that. 45 minutes between post with request to post of resolution.

What is also impressive is that these tweaks do not stop once the product is released. Right now they are thick and fast as we are down to the wire on releasing Version 7. No doubt they have a short list of tougher bugs to trace, but meanwhile the little ones, if they make sense, go straight in. I have been using Alpha Five since DOS days and it has been like this the whole time. A superb standard of customer service.
    Stephen,

I have also been with Alpha Software since the early DOS day, O they where the days! Alpha Software is very willing to help, heck I even have gotten a response back from Richard or Selwyn on a Sunday morning, try to get a response back from old uncle Bill at Microsoft during the week never mind a weekend.

Keep up the good work Alpha Software.
    Kind Regards,
    Ray Roosa
    Raylin Micro, LLC.