Alpha Video Training

Thread: Code editor. How to move out of "comment out"

Real Name
    Brian Dennis

Default Code editor. How to move out of "comment out"

Hi,
    When using the code editor, I often want to "comment out" an action to see the results without it.
    I use the RH mouse button, and it works ok. But then that action line "blocks" the selection. I cannot move to use other mouse actions without going to edit, cancel and then the action stays with "comment out" and I can continue.
    I doubt if this is correct, so what am I doing wrong.

Brian.

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Cal Locklin

I suspect you are not getting any replies because we don't understand what's happening. Perhaps you could explain
    But then that action line "blocks" the selection.
    a bit more specifically. Blocks the selection of what? As far as I can tell, I can select anything I want to after commenting out a section.

Real Name
    Brian Dennis

Hi Cal,
    Thanks for the reply.

I select a script in the control panel code tab, then "design". The code editor appears.
    I select an action in any line, using the RH mouse button.
    From the drop down list I select "comment out/in this action" which is the last option.
    The selected action is commented out or in, ie the toggle works, as I think it should. That line action stays selected, ie remains a light blue if commented in, and light green if commented out; on my screen.

At that point I cannot select another line. Either mouse button has no effect on any other line. The commented out or in line remains selected. The only way I can select another line is to edit action and then cancel, or to edit action comment and cancel; or I can save and exit.

That is what I mean by "blocked". It happens on two different computers, and on all scripts. The effect is the same using any line action of the script.
    Both computers are running Win ME, in Portuguese, if that makes any difference.

It is not a great problem, but a quirk that I would like to resolve if possible.

Brian.

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Cal Locklin

Sounds like it might be an ME problem. I'm using XP and having no issues like that.

I know v6 is supposed to support Win98 and ME but I won't put v6 on any of my customer's computers if they aren't using at least Win2K.

Real Name
    Brian Dennis

Hi Cal,
    I guess that is it. Oh well, I can live with it, if that is as bad as it gets.
    I guess I should be pretty concerned about moving up to V7 on that basis though, I would rather not be the person to find out any incompatabilities on that basis - just have not got the time.
    Thanks for your help.

Brian.