Alpha Video Training

Thread: "Invalid Structured Store Image"

Real Name
    john fringer

Default "Invalid Structured Store Image"

I have a report, that will not open and is returning the following error. "Invalid structured store imange occurred while trying to start application"

Does anyone know what causes the errors and how I might go about fixing it, since I can't open the report?

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Cal Locklin

I just had the same problem with some reports. I also noticed: (1) trying to preview the report resulted in a "variable is of different type" error , (2) trying to open the report in design mode resulted in the "invalid structured stored image" error, (3) the same problem existed in the v6 version of the app but not the v5 version, and (4) all problem reports were in one table and there were no other layouts attached to this table. (Not only were all the problem reports in one table but the reverse was also true - every report in that table appeared to be corrupted.)

In my case, I actually had the same application running in v5 and it worked there so I just copied over all the .dd* files. The corrupt files in v6 and v7 were much smaller than the good ones. (I suspect the problem actually started in v6 and I just never used these reports recently.)

Real Name
    Rupert Phelps

Default Error Invalid Structured Store

I just opened my A5V5 application with the lastest A5V7 version. I used the OLE function to bring a Word document into a new report. After saving the report, adding a few fields, saving, and closing, the report will not open. When attempting to open the report in design mode, I receive the following message: "Error Invalid structured store image occurred while trying ti start application".

Attempting to view the report results in a Smart Heap Library Message: "Mem_Bad_Pointer".

Compacting the DB does not help. Any suggestions?

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Cal Locklin

Restore from your most current backup. You do have one, I hope? If not, you will probably have to start over. How much has to be rebuilt depends on how many layouts are stored in that table/set and whether it's a table or a set.

Real Name
    Rupert Phelps

Thanks Cal
    I'm concerned what the reason for this was and if will happen again.