Alpha Video Training

Thread: prevent tab key jump from last page to first page(tabbed object) on the form

Real Name
    Romy Huang

Default prevent tab key jump from last page to first page(tabbed object) on the form

sometime when I change data on the form(runtime version), maybe I press the "tab key" so quickly. The form is jump from last page to first page. All my restrict setting for the form is change. How to prevent the "tab key" to jump from last page to first page. Thank in advance.

Romy
    :) Romy

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Tom Cone Jr

I am not sure I understand the problem you are describing, but if you want to keep the focus entirely on a single page of the tabbed object do this:

a) add a text field object to the page, and assign a harmless throwaway variable to it.
    b) set the tab order so that new field object is last on that page
    c) in the onArrive event for the new field object write a one line script that activates the field you you want to receive focus next, (often the first field in tab order on that page)

At this point when the user tabs through the next to last object focus shifts to the new field object (because it's next in tab order), the OnArrive event fires, and Alpha Five immediately shifts focus again to a different field object on the page. When this is set up correctly the user can press the tab key repeatedly and watch focus step through all the fields in a repeating cycle without ever leaving the tab page. See?

Now, to make this transparent to the user change the color properties of the new field object so that it is the same color as the background.

-- t