Alpha Video Training

Thread: Printer not activated error

Real Name
    Chris Tanti

Default Printer not activated error

Have A5v7 runtime build 3909, 3011 running on a Windows 2003 server

My prblem is that when trying to run a process that automatically saves a report to a PDF (or rtf) I get the following error

PRINTER NOT ACTIVATED, ERROR CODE -30

I have allowed kernal printing in the GPO (I know this was previously a problem), also removed and re installed the app, with no luck.

I tried going back to A5v5 but it refuses to install the printer driver as it says that NT4 drivers are not allowed (can't find a reference to this on the GPO List).

The procedure was runing succesfully on Windows 2000 Server (recently upgraded) and XP.

Have found one or two procedures that don't seem to work on A5v7, but will leave that for another time

Any ideas?

Alpha Software Employee AaronBBrown's Avatar
    Real Name
    Aaron Brown

Scroll down the page to the Similar Threads and you will find several threads on this topic. Here is a salient one:

http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/al...ad.php?t=58683
    [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1][COLOR=Blue]Aaron Brown
    Alpha Software Development Team[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Real Name
    Chris Tanti

Sorry maybe I missed something but havent found a proper solution but did foind the following.

Only some reports are experiencing the error, as the original process and problem report had been created in A5v5 I decided to try and recreat the report from scratch.

Basically by trial and error I have found that my particular problem is being caused by the group expression I am using on the report (shown below).

I am not sure how I can get around this, as its basically an age range and as far as I am aware there isnt a simpler way of doing it (short of creating a dummy field and doing an update direct to the data, 100k+ records so I would rather not)

To me it looks like v7 reporting is broken.

** Group Expression (works fine in A5v5) **
    Code:
    if (isblank('Dateofbirth'),'Unkown',if(isnotblank('Dateofbirth').and.age(Dateofbirth)<=10,'10 or less',if(isnotblank('Dateofbirth').and.age(Dateofbirth)>=11.and.age(Dateofbirth)<=15,'11-15',if(isnotblank('Dateofbirth').and.age(Dateofbirth)>=16.and.age(Dateofbirth)<=24,'16-24',if(isnotblank('Dateofbirth').and.age(Dateofbirth)>=25.and.age(Dateofbirth)<=34,'25-34',if(isnotblank('Dateofbirth').and.age(Dateofbirth)>=35.and.age(Dateofbirth)<=44,'35-44',if(isnotblank('Dateofbirth').and.age(Dateofbirth)>=45.and.age(Dateofbirth)<=54,'45-54',if(isnotblank('Dateofbirth').and.age(Dateofbirth)>=55.and.age(Dateofbirth)<=64,'55-64',if(isnotblank('Dateofbirth').and.age(Dateofbirth)>=65,'65 or more','unknown')))))))))
    Last edited by AaronBBrown; 01-19-2006 at 02:38 PM.

Real Name
    Chris Tanti

Also, just to note,

The original process involved saveing a PDF to a specific location,
    the report is set to the default printer, not the Alpha PDF driver (as seems to be assumed in the related problems thread).

I have tried using xbasic and action scripting with the same result, and finally settled on the fact that its the report itself that is generating the issue.