Alpha Video Training

Thread: Display inbetween date on report? (Simple question)

Real Name
    Frank Calandro

Default Display inbetween date on report? (Simple question)

How do I get the report (which was filtered with filter start date and end date asked at runtime) to show the resulting start date and end date range on the report. I've read the help files, the board, etc. I'm new and need it in understandable terms. I've gotten pretty far without any formal training so far,but once in a while these little things stump me. I tried to set up variables in the expression builder, then drag and drop into report, but I keep getting error message when I try to preview. Thanks.

Real Name
    Bob Arbuthnot

Hi Frank,

I assume you probably used an xdialog or dialog box to get your report start and stop dates? These are stored in variables that are also available from the drag/drop utility of the report designer. By dragging and dropping these 2 variables onto your report you can put the values of those 2 variables easily right on your report. If you don't find them in the drag/drop list you may need to go back in and change their scope to global.

Hope this helps.

Bob Arbuthnot

Real Name
    Frank Calandro

I got it by using the filter in the report design, then used the between() function. I don't see them in the drag and drop. How do I go about changing to global as you suggested? Thanks

Real Name
    Jeff Caton

Default dates start and stop

on your report header you drop whatever field is the date from you table.
    when you go to add this to the report you will have a box come up asking what data you want to show. ie. smallest, max first what ever.....
    you will put the min value on the date.... then you will drag and drop the same date field again to the header this time you will pick out of the list max value....
    this will show the lowest and highest value of the date or as we all say from -to.... you may also want to add a text box between the 2 field with the word "TO" .... so your report will look like this in the header 02/02/2006 TO 02/06/2006

Real Name
    Frank Calandro

Thanks so much. That was right in front of my face. Thanks for keeping it in simple terms for me.

-Frank