Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

QuickBooks 2006 and Alpha5v7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QuickBooks 2006 and Alpha5v7

I have a client that uses quickbooks 2006 and wants me to write some reports that quickbooks does not offer or he does not like the format.
    Does Alpha5v7 use qlinker to work with Quickbooks 2006?
    If so, do you have to have qlinker? If so where do you get it?

Thanks
    Frank

QLinker has been abandoned. Checkout http://www.qodbc.com for a ODBC Driver that will help simplify using Quickbooks data with Alpha Five.

Dave

Comment

Stay tuned for QReportBuilder

Stay tuned for QReportBuilder which is jointly being devloped by Alpha and the folks from Flexquarters, the makers of QODBC

If you are going to the Alpha Conference starting this Friday you will see a full preview.

We also had a booth at the recent QuickBooks User Enterprise Conference where we showed the product to hundreds of Quickbooks Pro Advisors, end users, and Intuit emplooyes. Response was very positive based on QReportBuilder's QuickBooks Centric design philosopy.

Questions
      1. is QuickBooks used in many or most of your companies or clients?
      2. how useful would a QuickBooks report Builder be for generating custom reports based on QuickBooks data (including multi company) and Excel data and other data types?

thanks in advance for your replies
      Last edited by AaronBBrown; 06-08-2006, 11:46 AM.
      Richard Rabins
      Co Chairman
      Alpha Software

Comment

Richard,

When doing this please don't forget the poor foreign cousins, like what happened with Qlinker

Comment

QuickBooks 2006 > Stay tuned for QReportBuilder

Originally posted by Richard Rabins

Questions

1) is QuickBooks used in many or most of your companies or clients?
          2) how useful would a QuickBooks report Builder be for generating custom reports based on QuickBooks data (including multi company) and Excel data and other data types?
          Yes! Adding additional functionality to Quickbooks is the main reason I purchased Alpha Five a couple years ago. All of my potential clients use Quickbooks and are desperate for integrated, data sharing solutions. I have purchased the QODBC read/write driver but it just sits there looking at me...

I'm ashamed to report that I haven't made a lot of progress and continue to be paralyzed by all that is necessary to bring QB data into Alpha Five and then write invoices and other data back to QB. Anything to simplify the process would be great!

Custom QB reports using something like QReportBuilder is not my primary need although that is what fgpylant was looking for.

I'm intrigued by the new Enterprise Reporting add-in that was just released. Not sure how it differs from what QReportBuilder will do. Geeze, I hope I don't need to buy both!

Yes! Alpha Five and Quickbooks! Please do all that you can to help them work together! Make it so easy that I will have no more excuse for my laziness...

David Vaughan
          Last edited by David Vaughan; 06-08-2006, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Good Question.

Because QReportBuilder uses QODBC to extract its data, and since QODBC supports all international versions of QuickBooks, QReportBuilder will work with editions such as UK and Australia etc
            Richard Rabins
            Co Chairman
            Alpha Software

Comment

Re: QuickBooks 2006 and Alpha5v7

Does this mean that with Alpha 5 and the QB report bulder that I can have realtime and write back to the QB tables? If so this is what I would need since prior to this you could not write back to QB. You could only import data and then run reports.

Please advise

Comment

QReportBuilder which will be a joint project of Alpha and the folks that make QODBC is a report writer for quickbooks

As such - it is not intended to have write back capabilities to QuickBooks.

If you want to build web/browser apps against Quickbooks you can do this using Alpha Five v7 and QODBC
                Richard Rabins
                Co Chairman
                Alpha Software

Comment

Quickbooks seems to have an adequate report builder for accounting functions. What is needed is a way to get Invoices generated outside QB into it and to keep Alpha inventory records & QB Items in synch. I don't need QB to track inventory, just have the same list I use in Alpha, so I can compare accounting reports with inventory reports.

Therefore, I would probably not purchase a report writer. There is so much talent on this board, I am surprised no one has a new QLinker to offer! Now that I would pay for...
                  Robin

Discernment is not needed in things that differ, but in those things that appear to be the same. - Miles Sanford

Comment

I have a problem if anyone could offer advise about getting my written checks imported into my Quickbooks, I would be estatic!

I like many others use Quickbooks and Alpha5v5. Currently, my alpha5 program generates and prints checks to our consignors. I then have to manually enter all of the checks almost 1,200 at a time into Quickbooks. Does anyone have a solution where I can import the check data into Quickbooks? I tried using the Qulinker, but unfortunately the check amount is not in a table. Is is created as a report pulling data from different tables and then using a calucated field to come up with the check amount.

I would LOVE!!!!!! a solution. Any advice?

Kim

Comment

Here's a download for an Excel plugin by Big Red Consulting:
                      IIF Transaction Creator
                      http://www.bigredconsulting.com/down...ownloadNow.htm

I don't know how well it will work for importing checks but they do give you a 30 day trial.
                      Robin

Discernment is not needed in things that differ, but in those things that appear to be the same. - Miles Sanford

Comment

Working...
                      X