Alpha Video Training

Thread: Alpha 5 could be used to update data from a MySQL database and show in a browse?

Real Name
    LOUIS

Default Alpha 5 could be used to update data from a MySQL database and show in a browse?

I was asked to write a program for network users. I have MYSQL installed on a Linux Machine on a local network. I find it hardly to have the data shows on the form that I want. I was wonder if Alpha 5 could be used to update data from a MySQL database and show in a browse?

Real Name
    Mario Prieto

Default Re: Alpha 5 could be used to update data from a MySQL database and show in a browse?

You'll have to connect to mysql using DSN and then you have to use ADO commands to get yur data.
    Data can then be shown on a XDialog that may look like a browse.

They also sell the enterprise reporting add-on. I am not sure if it will allow you to do what you want, but you may check it out.

Hope this helps.
    The Mexican

Real Name
    LOUIS

Default Re: Alpha 5 could be used to update data from a MySQL database and show in a browse?

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Prieto View Post
    You'll have to connect to mysql using DSN and then you have to use ADO commands to get yur data.
    Data can then be shown on a XDialog that may look like a browse.

They also sell the enterprise reporting add-on. I am not sure if it will allow you to do what you want, but you may check it out.

Hope this helps.

Thx. I have mysql connected to the Alpha 5 programme. I was wondering if there is a way that I could create a dummy table and get the records I wanted to show in a form other than the XDialog ADO format??