Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

How can I imbed a Web browser link to a street map site in A5v7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I imbed a Web browser link to a street map site in A5v7?

I am designing a form that has a load of details about some properties (eg house), and one of the fields I would like on the form is an automatic link to a web site such as
    http://www.streetmap.co.uk,

The idea is that this should always link automatically when the form is opened, to the postcode that has been put in the address for the house showing on the form. So when you view the form the house details and address should be viewable, togther with a location street map.

I have tried to use the Active X control on the side tab, and brought this into the form, but it doesnt seem to link to the internet. ( I am on 24/7 broadband). Also I have tried to use the Alpha 5 help but this appears to be different forms, and I cant find anything.

Can anyone help please? What should I do to embed the street map into the form so it works automatically?
    Many thanks

Jonathan Dorey, Poole Dorset UK
    [email protected]

Re: How can I imbed a Web browser link to a street map site in A5v7?

Hi Jonathan,

There is a thread here where John Kukuda does something the same as you want. He got access to it by the DOM of the web page in the webrowser activex. There is a demo of his hand.

I can't help you further than this because I have his example in study. Looks promising. Maybe if John listenes, he has a direct solution for you.

------------------ Added ----

Did you tried the http_post() function? See the help file for more info "Search Amazon.com for a book".

Code:
    dim bookname as C
    bookname = ui_get_text("book name", "What book are you looking for?")
    dim req_body as C
    req_body = "url=index%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=" + urlencode(bookname) + "&go.x=1&go.y=1&go=Go"
    dim amazon_search as P
    amazon_search =
    http_post("http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/103-9603918-793183", req_body)
    Marcel

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
    ---- Confusius ----

Comment

sys_open("http://www.bonddetective.com/updates.html")

The address can be a variable that you fill elswhere

This is simple but I think will work for you

Comment

I am not really sure if I am quite clear on this question.

Is the question: how to put a link on a form? if that's what it is, then it's rather a very simple matter.

But, if the question:
        1-How to put a link on the form
        2-When the link is clicked (or when the form is opened), the web page is opened,
        3-AND the fields in the web page are populated from those fields in the form. Now, that would be another story.

I read the other referenced thread with the nice work of John's. But this seems to me to be what John is doing, but rather in reverse.

John downloads pages from the web to alpha. In this instance, you want to upload values to the web page and execute the search command on the web page.

Maybe I am reading too much into this, or maybe even that was not the intended original question, it's not a bad complement to it.

Any ideas?

Comment

this site http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/welcome.jsp
          Using

document.forms.form1.address2 =address
          document.forms.form1.address1=address1
          document.forms.form1.city=city
          document.forms.form1.state=state
          .topparent:ACTIVEX1.activex.document.submit

should submit the form with some experimenting with my example

Comment

Sorry, after a second look

topparent:ACTIVEX1.activex.document.all.submit

Comment

Thank you for all your help so far.

I will try these out in the next few days, and will come back as soon as I can.

I wont be able to reply for a few days however, but I appreciate the help that you are giving me.

Jonathan Dorey

Comment

See the thread Programmable Web Crawler. It should contain all the info you need to do what you want.

Comment

Jonathan,

These links may be of interest to you.

In Decembers Newsletter (1st Dec 2005) there was an article regarding route planning by H.P.B.

http://newsletter.alphasoftware.com/0051205.htm

Another approach by a fellow programmer:

http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/al...&highlight=map

messageboard problem resolved regarding H.P.B.'s method:

http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/al...route+planning

Hope these are of some use.

Mike
                  Mike

Comment

Mike,

Thanks for the links. I missed some of the news letters. This is a nice one.
                    Marcel

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
                    ---- Confusius ----

Comment

Here is the code I use to get map directions for Map Quest. This is saved in a script and then called from a button on the form.

'Date Created: 19-Jun-2005 01:22:29 PM
                      'Last Updated: 01-Nov-2005 02:56:17 PM
                      'Created By : mike
                      'Updated By : mike
                      DIM SHARED vc_start_street1 as C
                      DIM SHARED vc_start_city as C
                      DIM SHARED vc_start_state as C
                      DIM SHARED varC_result as C

vc_start_street1 = vaddr1
                      vc_start_city = vcity
                      vc_start_state = vstate

ok_button_label = "&OK"
                      cancel_button_label = "&Cancel"
                      varC_result = ui_dlg_box("Get Map Directions",<<%dlg%
                      {region}
                      Enter Starting Street:| [.40vc_start_street1];
                      Enter Starting City:| [.40vc_start_city];
                      Enter Starting State:| [.3vc_start_state];
                      Enter Goto Street:| [.40vc_goto_street];
                      Enter Goto City:| [.40vc_goto_city];
                      Enter Goto State:| [.3vc_goto_state];
                      {endregion};
                      {line=1,0};
                      {region}
                      <*15=ok_button_label!OK> <15=cancel_button_label!CANCEL>
                      {endregion};
                      %dlg%)

if varC_result="OK" then

URL_var="http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&ct=NA&1y=US&1a="+Var->vc_start_street1+"&1p=&1c="+Var->vc_start_City+"&1s="+Var->vc_start_State+"&1z="+"&1ah=&2y=US&2a="+var->vc_goto_street+"=&2c="+var->vc_goto_city+"&2s="+var->vc_goto_state+"&2z="+"&2ah=&lr=2&x=61&y=14"
                      sys_open(Url_var)

end if
                      Mike Reed
                      Phoenix, AZ

Comment

Working...
                      X