Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Need help adding payments to invoive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help adding payments to invoive

I am using Alpha sports as a template and in the Invoice form I need to be able to have a payment field and a balance still due field so i can take payments on items and then is shows the balance still due for this customer.

I have looked in the help files and can not find anything on this.
    Can some one please help

Thanks

Re: Need help adding payments to invoive

ed,
    not sure how deep you have to go, but to have a payment field, you may need a way to set the terms and interest if any. That can get pretty deep with dates and so forth. Also if you add a payment there has to be a way to adjust the balance.

Some programs I ahve worked on hhave a seperate table that does all the math for the balance and payments with due dates. Some do it adhoc as it goes.

How far do you need to carry this?

Dave Mason
    Dave Mason
    [email protected]
    Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

Hi i will not need interest.

This is for wedding Photography and video production.

The customer pays a retainer fee to hire us and then makes a payment to pay off the package amount before the wedding date.

Tracked to
      Customer John Smith in the invoice form

Total $1000
      Tax 5% $50
      Total with tax $1050
      Payment $525
      Balance Due $525

Add new Payment button or open field to enter new payment to be added in.

If possible i would like the Balance due to also show up in the customers customer information form as a Current balance due from this customer with a button to go to the invoice to make payments or add on new items to the current invoice to.

Most people have everything paid off in 4 payments or less

Thanks any help would be fantastic.

Originally posted by DaveM View Post
      ed,
      not sure how deep you have to go, but to have a payment field, you may need a way to set the terms and interest if any. That can get pretty deep with dates and so forth. Also if you add a payment there has to be a way to adjust the balance.

Some programs I ahve worked on hhave a seperate table that does all the math for the balance and payments with due dates. Some do it adhoc as it goes.

How far do you need to carry this?

Dave Mason

Comment

Originally posted by Digitaled View Post

Total $1000
        Tax 5% $50
        Total with tax $1050
        Payment $525
        Balance Due $525

Add new Payment button or open field to enter new payment to be added in.

If possible i would like the Balance due to also show up in the customers customer information form as a Current balance due from this customer with a button to go to the invoice to make payments or add on new items to the current invoice to.

Most people have everything paid off in 4 payments or less
        if there is more than a few payments possible and dates due, you will need a payments table. Something on the order of:

acctnumb(to coincide with a field on your main table) as character 8 is a good space

acctnumb c 8
        payment n 10.2
        date d 8
        carriedbalance n 10.2

make it a set and enter your payments as you get them.

you can set the balance so you put it in manually or make a field rule so you get a new balance with each payment.

you will need a form with an imbedded browse to contain the payments and balances.

This is not that difficult using field rules. Were you going to have interest and/or a bunch of payments you would do it much different.

you could even make fields in your current table( if you don't go over ten payments EVER) for say ten payments, ten dates and ten balances with field rules on them to get it done that way. Show all ten of each on your form.

I don't know how much knowledge you have of alpha and programming, so I am trying to give simple ways.

Dates are very important in payment plans so specify them up front when the payments are due.

Dave Mason
        Dave Mason
        [email protected]
        Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

Ok i made a table like you have listed and a imbedded browse from that.

Now how do i make this all work with the current invoice??

Comment

I accomplish this using a table for "receivables" and enter all payments into this "receivables" table upon receipt of payment; normally a check, but sometimes (rarely) cash. Upon recording a payment by saving a record in the receivables table, I "add post" the dollar amount paid to the "amnt_paid" field in the invoice and also "subtract posts" the same amount from the "invoice_balance" field. I also have my invoice table linked to my receivables table so that when I look at my invoice, I can see any and all payments made. I don't deal with finance charges or other fees, so I can't offer much/any help with regards to that. But that's what's worked for me for quite a few years.

Mike
            Thank you,
            Mike Konoff

Comment

The amount of balance should be in your main table and a field for tax rate and a fielld for taxamnt with a final balance.
              balance * taxrate = taxamnt + balance = final balance

your payments can be posted to the payments table in your imbedded browse.

On your form, you can make a calculated field to hold the currentbalance.

pretty simple

Dave Mason
              Dave Mason
              [email protected]
              Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

Working...
              X