Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Outlook Calendar and Tasks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Outlook Calendar and Tasks

Hi

I found Aarons scripts worked perfectly. The only thing I would like to be able to do further is set the date and time of the appointment based on a field the user user defines called flag_date.

Can the objAppointment.Start value be set dynamically?

Dave Cassar

Comment

Originally posted by cassard View Post
      Hi

Can the objAppointment.Start value be set dynamically?

Dave Cassar
      Yes, but part of the trick is that Outlook is in universal time, so you need to get the time offset (I wrote a function to do this).

Comment

Hi Garry,

Yes, but part of the trick is that Outlook is in universal time, so you need to get the time offset
        Could you elaborate. What do you mean by the time offset?

Any chance I could get a copy of your function?

Thanks

Comment

Dave,
          Think of universal time (UT) as like Greenwich Mean Time - Google universal time to get a good explanation. When you put an appointment into Outlook programmatically it takes the value as UT, so Melbourne is say 10 hrs ahead of MGT and UT. So an appointment for 11am Melbourne time is 1 am UT which is the value you must programmatically put into the applointment. Windows knows your time zone and hence the "offset" and displays it in your calendar as 11am!
          Look at the Alpha function gettimezoneoffset().
          Upon checking my records, the code I wrote was not a fuction but was to send an appointment (*.vcs file) to someone via email - see http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/al...universal+time

Comment

Is there a way to get this to work from the WAS? More specifically, it DOES work from the WAS but updates the Outlook Calendar that exists on the WASS machine - not what I want. I want the user to be able to run the script and have it update the outlook calendar on THEIR computer.
            Gary S. Traub, Ph.D.

Comment

Hi everyone im a newbie but i have found the code really good but how can i set it up so that the date for the appointment is the same as the field in a form in the table its called tuning date and the table is called customer how can i do this also want the body to me the notes nowing this would help a million as currently print screening everything which is stupid in my eyes and time consuming when changing dates thanks in advance

Comment

David,

how can i set it up so that the date for the appointment is the same as the field in a form in the table
                from Post #3 code and fill in your table info with using the Filter -- find the records which you need.

dim objOutlook as P

objOutlook = ole.create("Outlook.Application")
                objAppointment = objOutlook.createitem(olAppointmentItem)

objAppointment.Start = "1/16/2007 11:00 AM" <--- your table field name or set to Variables
                objAppointment.Duration = 60
                objAppointment.Subject = "Test Appointment"
                objAppointment.Body = "Test Body."
                objAppointment.Location = "44/2039"
                objAppointment.ReminderMinutesBeforeStart = 15
                objAppointment.ReminderSet = .t.

objAppointment.Save()

Comment

excellent thanks a million my next qustion is how can i have a button that will go to a customers own folder i have on a server this is what i have so far

'//Open the explorer

sys_shell("explorer /e,/root,X:\\")

my table name is "Customers" and the unique id is "Customer_ID" there will a folder for each of them named with there id number ideally i would love it if iy would create it if there is not one aswell

many thanks

from the newb of the century

:D

Comment

David,

Review this " File Functions and Methods " from the help and this forum.
                    I had the experience for Creating a folder but not opening yet. I still have the conception problem.

Comment

ok hello everyone again

heres a question for you ive figured out most things in alpha five now but i was wondering and experimenting with this one at the moment

i have set up a button to through info across to outlook no probs from a forms (with currently displayed info ) what i want to find out now is in the body of the appoinment i want to put all the records i have for customer 23 appoinments into the body from my table called appoinments i have tryed creating pdfs etc but no luck i am stumped at the moment any insight on this would be great

dave

(sorry for my spelling and grammar )

Comment

Better try explaining again. You want to put all outlook appointments for one customer into where? Or you want to put all records from your table or one customer somewhere?
                        There can be only one.

Comment

ok so heres what im trying to do

when i make an appoinment i can inout accross all the fields i have currently on my form easy

however i have a table linked to my customer table with a id of customer number to link all the appoinments i have created to therer corresponding customer so a customer might have had several appoinments in the past say 1a, 2a, 3a, now when i make appointment 4a --- i can make 4a info go accross onto outlokk straight from the form open however i cant put the past ones in also as they are not shown when making new one but i require this info so that my engineers can se what has been done in the past

how can i do this

probally not explained well agin but have been under the weather for a long time know and that is the reason also in delay responding thanks for your help

Comment

A form displays one record at a time. A browse displays multiple records in spreadsheet type format. Your description sounds like you want a browse of the "table linked to my customer table" on the form.

If the form is based on a set where the customer table is the parent then it should be as easy as using the Object menu while in form design mode, choose New, select Browse, and choose the appointments table.
                            There can be only one.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan Mathews View Post
                              A form displays one record at a time. A browse displays multiple records in spreadsheet type format. Your description sounds like you want a browse of the "table linked to my customer table" on the form.

If the form is based on a set where the customer table is the parent then it should be as easy as using the Object menu while in form design mode, choose New, select Browse, and choose the appointments table.
                              hi thanks for the response i have done this sorry didnt explain it properly ------ i want this information transferd to outlook appoinment including the past appoinmnets when i press the booking of the appointment

Comment

Without seeing the code you are using now I can only describe what you need to do.

You have code that copies info from the appointments table to outlook. You need to modify that code so that instead of copying the current selected record it loops through all of the child table records linked to the current parent.

Given a browse on a form the child may be referenced as

table.current(#)

where # is the vertical position of the child table as viewed in the Edit Set genie. Since only the child table records linked to the current parent are accessible you can (assuming nothing interferes)

tbl = table.current(#)
                                tbl.fetch_first()
                                while .not. tbl.fetch_eof()
                                'your present code goes here
                                tbl.fetch_next()
                                end while
                                There can be only one.

Comment

Working...
                                X