Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Outlook Calendar and Tasks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Outlook Calendar and Tasks

Originally posted by johnkoh View Post
    David,

OK, Make the sample database.
    I made one from A5 sample. (1) from Tables/sets control panel --> select "New" button ---> Using Genie --> Select "event list" from template name.
    ===> Selected "include sample data ==> Next , table name as "event" ==> Finish.

Now you have the table with sample data.

I have attached the screenshots for your reference.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37853[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]37854[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]37855[/ATTACH]
    ok ive created the sample database same as yours now i want a button to import all the data shown on the event form into the body of an appoinmnet o outllook on the start date but i also want all the other record in the body of the appoinment aswell so event id 01 02 03 and all data corespondiing in the single body of the appoinmnet

Comment

Good Morning,

** assumed you know the definition of the VARIABLES, but not know how to use it.

First, I want to show you how to use the variables.

Created the UDF
      Code:
      'It will show How to pass the variables from a to b
      FUNCTION myfirst_udf AS A (ptr as p)
              '// " With ..end with " is called NameSpace Function. A5 will be passing the variables within
      	with ptr

'Case 1; Check the form's value
      		msgbox("from UDf ","Show the PASSING Result from UDF "+crlf()+"Start Date: "+vStartDate )

'=========== Case 2; Change the value here and show the revised value ==============
                      'Hold this until 2nd lesson
      		'vRevisedDate = {1/1/2014}
      		'vStartDate = vRevisedDate   'or you can write vStartDate = {1/1/2014}  'which is simple way
      		'Test for Same MsgBox
      		'msgbox("from UDf ","Changed the value at UDF "+crlf()+"Start Date: "+vStartDate )
      	end with
      END FUNCTION
      created the 3rd button and named as "passing variables". Insert this code on this button push event.

Code:
      'Save record in current form.
      topparent.commit()

'Get 'Value' property of 'Start_date' in Form 'Event_List' .
      DIM shared vStartDate AS d

'Lesson 2; Check after delete shared variable
      'DIM vStartDate AS d

vStartDate = parentform:Start_date.value

'test passing variables
      myfirst_udf(local_variables())
      after done the above, you will see the message when you press the 3rd button.

See the "lesson 2", make it as activate after try 1st.
      Last edited by johnkoh; 03-18-2014, 02:39 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

David,

Try Lesson 2 or Case 2 and see what is going on the Passing variables

from button3, changed this to activate red or blue color
        Code:
        'Get 'Value' property of 'Start_date' in Form 'Event_List' .
        [COLOR="#FF0000"]' DIM shared vStartDate AS d[/COLOR]

'Lesson 2; Check after delete shared variable. 
        [COLOR="#0000FF"][B]DIM vStartDate AS d[/B][/COLOR]

vStartDate = parentform:Start_date.value
        From myFirst_udf

Code:
        		'=========== Case 2; Change the value here and show the revised value ==============
                        'Hold this until 2nd lesson
        		[COLOR="#FF0000"]vRevisedDate = {1/1/2014}
        		vStartDate = vRevisedDate [/COLOR]  'or you can write vStartDate = {1/1/2014}  'which is simple way
        		'Test for Same MsgBox with same variable name -- changed the value, not same as the form's value
        		[COLOR="#0000FF"]msgbox("from UDf ","Changed the value at UDF "+crlf()+"Start Date: "+vStartDate )[/COLOR]
        This is the basic of the passing values to other codes and programming with it.

If you are not sure, post the questions.
        Last edited by johnkoh; 03-18-2014, 12:17 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Next, Create the Outlook ole udf,
          Code:
          FUNCTION outlook_ole AS A (ptr AS P )
          	with ptr
          	'========== Start the Outlook OLE ==============

dim objOutlook as P
          	constant olAppointmentItem = 1
          	objOutlook = ole.GetObject("","Outlook.Application")
          	objAppointment = objOutlook.CreateItem(olAppointmentItem)

objAppointment.Start = vStartDate    '<<=== the variable and make sure same name when you create the below at button1
          	objAppointment.Duration = vDuration
          	objAppointment.AllDayEvent = vDayEvent
          	objAppointment.Subject = vSubject
          	objAppointment.Body = vBody
          	objAppointment.Location = vLocation 
          	objAppointment.ReminderMinutesBeforeStart = vReminder
          	objAppointment.ReminderSet = vRemSet

objAppointment.Save()

'ui_msg_box("Confirmation","Appointment Booked" )	
          	end with

END FUNCTION

Button1; current data
          * How to get the value?
          1) Create the variables with current form's value which called the object method.
          1-a) onpush event -- open an ActionScripts
          1-b) See the attachments and create the variables as you need
          1-c) Watch on the variable name. you have to create same name as the Outlook_ole udf

2) Select a form/record to export to outlook then press the button 1, you should get a(one you have selected) same appointment from outlook.

Lesson_btn1_event.jpglesson_btn1_eventDetail.jpgLesson_object.jpg

I noticed that the table does not have the Reminder and reminderSet so you may write the variables as
          dim vReminder as L = .t.
          dim vRemSet = 15

Comment

David,

now i want a button to import all the data shown on the event
            After you done the above, let me know.
            Next step is "Reading from table ". Sorry, You have to understand the variable and how to get the data from simple way(?) before complex(?) code way.

Comment

Hi every one long time no speak

ive made considerabloe progress in alpha working with outllok pulling info from table etc etc lernt alot of coding thanks to that

ive got a question to do with ms word mail merging basically i want to record in my customers db record when and what letter i have sent them automatically when i do a mail merge..

basically i have a buton on screen for when i want to send them a letter via mail merge i click it brings up a list of my letters i have preconfigured and it merges the client info straight acroos to word and done.

what i now want to do is when that happens i want it to record what ive done in the clients record say in a table called letters joint to the customer via the unique id. ho would i go about doing this also it n=be great if the file auto saves to the clients specific folder based on ther unique id i understand this bit can be done via macros in word to a degree

i know this question is in the wrong section but you have all been of great help so far

many thanks dave

Comment

Working...
              X