Alpha Video Training

Thread: complete novice lookup help

Real Name
    Patrick Vance

Default complete novice lookup help

OK guys be gentle, I have several tables that share a comman filed a have named "case" in each form I have made this field a dropdown lookup and it dislpays each Case # that i have put in the parent table just like i planned. now the rub. when i select a case number in the pull down i want the form to populate with the record related to that case #. I have tried every action scipt that i even think would be relative and i cant get it to work. I am very new to this and i would greatly apreciate any help given. I hope i have posted this correctly. oops I am using alpha5 v8

Volunteer Moderator Peter.Greulich's Avatar
    Real Name
    Peter Greulich

Default Re: complete novice lookup help

Quote Originally Posted by dopecop17 View Post
    OK guys be gentle, I have several tables that share a comman filed a have named "case" in each form I have made this field a dropdown lookup and it dislpays each Case # that i have put in the parent table just like i planned. now the rub. when i select a case number in the pull down i want the form to populate with the record related to that case #. I have tried every action scipt that i even think would be relative and i cant get it to work. I am very new to this and i would greatly apreciate any help given. I hope i have posted this correctly. oops I am using alpha5 v8

If your lookup table (the parent table?) contains the data you wish to insert, all you do is add fields to the lookup definition in Field Rules. Thereby, you look up one record filling in multiple fields at one time. If the data comes form another table, then you do need xbasic (it can probably be done w. Action Scripting, too).