New call-to-action
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Posting Problem

  1. #1
    "Certified" Alphaholic Phil Rolf's Avatar
    Real Name
    Philip Rolf
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,539

    Default Posting Problem

    What should I be looking for relative to the 500 Server Error I am getting. The paths to the data is correct.

    FYI, I generate this posting code on the desktop, verify that it works on the desktop (it posts correctly) and then I copy the xbasic to the a5w page and delete the error message code that V8 inserts for the desktop operation and insert the path alias's.

    This is the path code prior to being published
    Code:
    a_tbl = table.open("[PathAlias.Data]schedlsum")
    post.t_db = "[PathAlias.Data]schedl"
    This is a portion of the HTML code for the a5w page (after publishing)
    HTML Code:
    <%a5
    a_tbl = table.open("d:\a5srvrnksoa\webtables\schedlsum")
    post.t_db = "d:\a5srvrnksoa\webtables\schedl"
    post.m_key = "Game_Num"
    post.t_key = "Game_Num"
    post.m_filter = ""
    post.t_filter = ""
    post.m_count = 27
    post.m_field1 = "FIELD_NUM"
    post.m_exp1 = "@SCHEDL-&gt;Field_Num"
    post.m_field2 = "FIELD_NAME"
    post.m_exp2 = "@SCHEDL-&gt;Field_Name"
    .
    .
    .
    post.m_field27 = "OFF4THFIRST_NAME"
    post.m_exp27 = "@SCHEDL-&gt;Off4thfirst_Name"
    post.t_count = 0
    a_tbl.post()
    a_tbl.close()
    %>
    This is the error message I am receiving.
    HTML Code:
    500 Internal Server Error
    "Script Error
    Error:Script: /v8nksoa/rankingsys/postschedltoschedlsum.a5w line:74
    a_tbl.post()
    Variable post.m_exp1 expression - Expected value."
    Last edited by Phil Rolf; 04-03-2007 at 06:34 AM.

  2. #2
    "Certified" Alphaholic Phil Rolf's Avatar
    Real Name
    Philip Rolf
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,539

    Default Re: Posting Problem

    I found the problem...here is what I think happened. When I copied the xbasic to the a5w page, I did NOT have the <%a5 ...%> on the page when I pasted the code.

    The > portion of the line was changed to &gt; I changed the &gt; to > and everything is working..

Similar Threads

  1. Another posting problem ...
    By P Sabourn in forum Alpha Five Version 6
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-26-2005, 04:16 AM
  2. POSTING PROBLEM
    By LEGRAN in forum Alpha Five Version 5
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-07-2004, 03:48 PM
  3. Problem with posting Design
    By crimmelcp in forum Alpha Five Version 5
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2004, 12:35 PM
  4. posting problem
    By urbanski in forum Alpha Five Version 5
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-02-2004, 11:28 AM
  5. Posting Problem
    By ian stirling in forum Alpha Five Version 5
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2003, 06:05 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •