Alpha Video Training

Thread: Capture an email address in on depart event and generating an email to that person

Real Name
    Bill Jordan

Default Capture an email address in on depart event and generating an email to that person

I will be doing some telephone marketing that includes information gathering. When I fill in their email address I'd like to automatically send them an email with a link to my website and with a Word document attached in the email.
    I'm not very good with variables but I assume this would entail the use of them as a first step in scripting.
    Any and all guidance appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Bill

"Certified" Alphaholic Stan Mathews's Avatar
    Real Name
    Stan Mathews

Default Re: Capture an email address in on depart event and generating an email to that perso

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    When I fill in their email address I'd like to automatically send them an email with a link to my website and with a Word document attached in the email.
    Where are you filling in the email address? One thought is that you are filling in fields on a form which is based on a table storing the information. You would then do something with the candepart event of this form field capturing its value, sending the email with the attachment.

Real Name
    Bill Jordan

Default Re: Capture an email address in on depart event and generating an email to that perso

The email address is a field that is part of a form created for a single record for each client. I want each client, as I obtain their email address, to get a standard email containing the link to the website and a Word doc attachment.
    Thanks Stan,
    Bill

Real Name
    Stan Mathews

The email address is a field that is part of a form created for a single record for each client. I want each client, as I obtain their email address, to get a standard email containing the link to the website and a Word doc attachment.
    Thanks Stan,
    Bill
    Try this. Put a word document named "Word Document.doc" in the directory where you unzip the table. Open the form, tab through the email address field.

Real Name
    Bill Jordan

Stan,
    You are THE MAN. Works perfectly!
    Thanks so much.
    Bill

Real Name
    Stan Mathews

Stan,
    You are THE MAN. Works perfectly!
    Thanks so much.
    Bill
    Much could be done to check to see that the necessary document is present. That the email address is at least properly formatted (xxx@nnn.bbb).

Just gave you a start.