Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Limit number of records to print on report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Limit number of records to print on report

sorry here it is maybe??
    Dave Mason
    [email protected]
    Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

Tom, I couldn't get them to work either. May be me though.

Dave
      Dave Mason
      [email protected]
      Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

Dave,

I think Jim may need to include child table records even if their due dates are outside the date range set for primary table records. Filtering at the primary table level won't help him, I don't think. He probably wants to see all the parent table records (unfiltered) but then only see the most recent "due dates" for the 3 child tables, regardless of how hold they may be. It's an interesting puzzle. I've verified that the brute force approach will work but it's going to be a lot of work to implement.

-- tom

Comment

Using Tom's "brute force" method I created two functions - one marks, the other unmarks the last six records for each child. On your tabbed form's 2nd tab, I added a big ugly button that runs the two functions with a print preview in between. I modified the child subreport filters, as well.

See attached...
          Peter
          AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]
          https://www.alphabasesolutions.com

Comment

Dave,
            Thanks for your reply. The report works with the subs added but dosn't limit the number of records printed. Also tried filtering between dates which works. However when this app. is finished, it is to be used by my wife, who does not anything accept push a button and it does it automatic. She would never be able to understand the filtering issue.

Tom,
            You are right in your last post about the child tables. But what do you mean by brute force? I am just one or two steps above my dear wife in program knowledge. LOL.

Attached is database that has been cleaned up somewhat.
            If anyone has another suggestion it would be appreciated.

Thanks all for the help
            Jim

Comment

J,

The date thing does not have to be something she does a lot with. It can be setup automatically, like I do with csi letters where the filter is set to filter = between(dbdate, date-30, dat+30). Or you could set the button to prompt with a dialog box for the 2 dates to use. these would of course be filters for the sub reports.

Good Luck!

Dave
              Dave Mason
              [email protected]
              Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

Peter,
                The print button does it as you say. But it prints the last 6 records for all llamas, not the last 6 for an individual llama or the one that has focus at that time. In the filter expression could it not scan for an index "llamaid" and show the last 6 record for that llama?

Thanks
                Jim

Comment

Ok, Jim.

See if this works for you...
                  Peter
                  AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]

Comment

Hey Peter,
                    You are a genius!
                    Why would I be getting and error; "Bad Object Handle" on closeing the tab medical? You can close the form from any of the other tabs and not get the error. I think I understand the item "object", but can not find any object with an error. Otherwise, works great as far as the report. In fact a better solution than I first envisioned.

This message board is one of the best on the web. Clarion, Access, FoxPro and other do not have one as good. The members here are aways glad to help even though I am sure that all of you have other things and jobs to do.
                    I am very impressed with ALPH 5 ver 8! I learning by trial and error and the great help from the members. I hope someday I can return the favor.

Again Thanks to All -Peter, Dave, Tom

Comment

Originally posted by jdoyle View Post
                      Why would I be getting and error; "Bad Object Handle" on closeing the tab medical? You can close the form from any of the other tabs and not get the error. I think I understand the item "object", but can not find any object with an error.
                      I don't get that on my copy. Perhaps something got corrupted along the way. Unfortunately, that error is a real pain since it does not tell you which object is bad. Copy the form to a duplicate and then begin deleting objects one at a time until the error goes away. It's tough on a complex form such as yours.
                      Peter
                      AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]

Comment

Peter,
                        You were right. Somthing got corrupted unpacking the zip. Deleted the files in the directory and unpacked again and now works fime

Thanks for you Help
                        Jim

Comment

But what do you mean by brute force?
                          Jim,

In this context I meant that the solution I was thinking of forced a filter expression to work by making it easy for Alpha Five to "see" the records I wanted to include. i.e. by marking them. In other contexts this expression often means doing the same processing on a series of records, one record at a time, over and over.

Comment

Peter,
                            The filter function that you help me with works, but it show the last 6 records enterd in the table, not the last 6 for that one llama. If you look at the llama, Allie she has 3 injection records and prints 3, Annie Lee has 3 injection records and prints 2, Annina Lee has 3 injection records and prints 1 for a total of 6 from the table. If you add another injection record for any other llama then the records printed will be no more that 6 for all of the llamas. Do I have an indexing problem?
                            Attached database
                            Jim

Comment

[ATTACH]14224[/ATTACH]
                              Last edited by G Gabriel; 05-11-2007, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Hey,

Thanks for your help! The app. now works like I want.

Sorry about slow reply, because of honey do's and the message board being down.

Comment

Working...
                                X