Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Alpha personnel involvement in message board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpha personnel involvement in message board

Is it me only, or do others also notice less and less input from Alpha personnel on threads on this message board over the last 6 months or so...?

Ron

Re: Alpha personnel involvement in message board

Noticed. Not sure if it is by decree, or because of the massive commitment they have made to a number of initiatives. Availability via telephone to the office is more difficult too (don't mean to Support). I think they are trying to do quite a bit right now, even though it may not be so evident.
    Steve Wood
    See my profile on IADN

Comment

Yea it seems that they are leaving all the forum suport to Steve Jobs.
      -you should be on their pay check-
      Cheers
      Mauricio

Comment

sorry i ment Steve Woods
        Cheers
        Mauricio

Comment

Originally posted by mmaisterrena View Post
          Yea it seems that they are leaving all the forum suport to Steve Jobs.
          It was either Steve Jobs or Bill Gates. So they picked Jobs. The downside is that we now all have to go out and buy MACs for the next version.
          Peter
          AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]
          https://www.alphabasesolutions.com

Comment

Anyone posted any bugs lately, and got an answer?

I have posted 2 in the last few weeks, and not an upgrade in site. Maybe they are all hoping we will pay for the support in future after all if they commented on this board they gave their services freely, and they are a commercial enterprise afterall.

Comment

I know this sounds clich�, but I am most happy when Alpha responds immediately to any special need I have, and I am second most happy when I never hear back from them because I know they are working on something really BIG (that I can learn and sell later on). I really mean that. I'm not apologizing for them, I truly wish they could do both, but that is not realistic. And since I really, really want what they are working on next, if I have a problem and they don't respond, I bang my head on my desk, ask other users here, and find a work-around.
              Steve Wood
              See my profile on IADN

Comment

Point taken Steve, we all want Alpha improved and that is why the wishlist has constant new posts.

However we also want what we have paid for already working correctly. Several have reported a problem with the browse whereby you cannot scroll up more than approx 15 records from the last record without it jumping to the first record. I found this most frustrating and reported it as a bug, and nothing. We used to get an acknowledgement of the report but am not even getting those anymore. This is poor customer support.

Comment

And your point is completely valid too. I DO wish they would or could fix those thing. The funky browse scroll you mentioned is definitely one of them. Those issues tend to become even more important when some client complains to me. I mean, I can ignore it, but clients, they definitely "want what they paid for" and its hard when it reflects back on me. As a Developer I can't even keep up with all the things I CAN do, so for the sake of my sanity I often take a pass on those things I cannot do.

As far as their participation on this forum; I actually don't want them here too much. When they are here often (it has come and gone over time), I could see people gravitating toward the Alpha personnel for solutions. It takes the pressure off of "us" to resolve our own issues, and that has a higher learning value.

One good reason for them to be here is an intangible. It serves to keep them in touch with the body of users and developers.
                  Steve Wood
                  See my profile on IADN

Comment

Totally agree Steve, very valid points.

Comment

Quote Lance: "We used to get an acknowledgement of the report but am not even getting those anymore. This is poor customer support."

I started this question because I got worried... Worries about continuity...We are all investing a lot of time and brainwork in a development platform: Alpha5.

With f.i: Oracle at present, you do not have to have these worries...

Alpha has always been very very responsive.. Now I have to take Steve's word they are working on something so "Big", they don't seem to have time to respond in the same manner as most of us are all so proud of in recent past..

Could be promising...But I'm not convinced yet.

Something "Big", still can only be successful, when it can be sold to a confident exsiting userbase...

Alpha: Please re-assure us, at least by acknowledgement of bug reports. But better still, by giving us some insight in what great or "big" things or directions are laying ahead.

Sell the sizzle, and keep the steak juicy.

regards, Ron

Comment

Quote Lance: "We used to get an acknowledgement of the report but am not even getting those anymore. This is poor customer support."

I started this question because I got worried... Worries about continuity and continued support. Via forum but also products already sold...We are all investing a lot of time and brainwork in a development platform: Alpha5.

With f.i: Oracle, at present, you do not have to have these worries...

Alpha has always been very, very responsive.. Now I have to take Steve's word they are working on something so "Big", they don't seem to have time to respond in the same manner as most of us are all so proud of in recent past..

Could be promising...But I'm not convinced yet.

Something "Big", still can only be successful, when it can be sold to a confident exi(s)ting userbase...

Alpha: Please re-assure us, at least by acknowledgement of bug reports. But better still, by giving us some insight in what great or "big" things or directions are laying ahead. And that (forum) support will not have to sacrify too much because of it.

Sell the sizzle, and keep the steak juicy.

regards, Ron

Comment

Seems i have been repeating myself...And feel to explain: That was caused there was a "timeout" between the start and end" of the post. And the forum software pointing out to me I need to be logged in to contribute, So i posted again after re-login. Just trying to get the english or american, as you will, right.

Ciao, Ron

Comment

Ron, Steve and Lance have raised very valid points, and I'd like to address them.

This message board has always been peer supported and is not a way to get official support from Alpha. Alpha employees participate when time allows. But I want to assure you that this statement is not meant as an excuse to avoid your concerns. We realize that this message board is a fantastic resource for users and it is helpful to us as well. We want to help those that need assistance where possible, but doing so via the message board cannot be our first priority. Alpha as a business depends on developing and selling software. Selling software of course means we need to keep our customers happy, but it also means we need something to sell. Currently we are working on a number of significant projects and those are taking up the bulk of our available time right now and account for the lower level of participation by employees here.

As Steve mentioned, Alpha participation has fluctuated in the past. I want to assure you that we have not forgotten about the message board and, if resources allow, you will see more of a presence again.

As far as responding to bug reports, we try hard to acknowledge every one we receive. This doesn't necessarily mean that we will be able to fully investigate your report right away, but we appreciate bug reports and strive to let you know that each time you submit one. I will review the status of incoming bug reports and our responses to see if there is something on our end which needs to be addressed. We have intentionally not automated the reply process because we don't want to just give you a canned auto-response, but there may well be room for improvement.

-Lenny

Lenny Forziati
                            Vice President, Internet Products and Technical Services
                            Alpha Software Corporation

Comment

This is the kind of feedback that is very helpful to all of us. I'm sure everyone appreciates it, as do I. Thank you, Lenny/Alpha.
                              Peter
                              AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]
                              https://www.alphabasesolutions.com

Comment

Working...
                              X