Alpha Video Training

Thread: Driver Amyuni RTF Converter 100 required for printer Text Driver is unknown.

Real Name
    Alex Irving

Default Driver Amyuni RTF Converter 100 required for printer Text Driver is unknown.

I use SBS2003 R2 and have A5V8 installed on 3 workstations. I have been regularly receiving the server message, "Driver Amyuni RTF Converter 100 required for printer Text Driver is unknown. Contact the administrator to install the driver before you log in again." There are often 30-50 occurrences of this daily in the Server System log.

Solution? I believe I need to install this printer driver on the server using the printer install wizard so the printer driver will be recognized by the client computers and will be used off the server and not off their own workstation driver installation. How to install just the printer driver without installing all of A5 on the server???

Alex Irving

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Andrew Schone

Default Re: Driver Amyuni RTF Converter 100 required for printer Text Driver is unknown.

Are you logging into your SBS 2003 using remote desktop? This error messages sounds very similar to the one that you will receive if you log onto a terminal server and try to redirect a printer that the Terminal Server does not have a driver for. If that is the case then this error can be safely ignored.

Real Name
    Alex Irving

Default Re: Driver Amyuni RTF Converter 100 required for printer Text Driver is unknown.

Hi Aschone,

Although I log on as Administrator via RDP several times a day I do no printing using A5 from the Server as I run no multi-user/client software. The server only serves data files to the clients. As a matter of fact, I NEVER print out of A5. (Use it only for lookups). Tis a puzzlement.

You're right, it appears to do no harm, but I am SO BORED looking at the error messages every morning <g>.

Alex