Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

HTML Editor for Textarea fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HTML Editor for Textarea fields

I've figured out how to add a full HTML Editor to any Grid or Dialog field that is a textarea control type. See image below.
    Steve Wood
    See my profile on IADN

Re: HTML Editor for Textarea fields

Give us some details, is this part of the new software you are trying to peddle? I have been looking for something like this....

Comment

It's part of a new web template I have been working on that has built in facility for creating all those required pages such Terms and Conditions, Privacy Policy, etc. I needed an "in-line" HTML Editor otherwise the user would have to create their text in some other editor, and copy-paste the HTML to my memo fields, or they had to know basic HTML tags; and both options seemed cheap. Normal text in a Memo field, or any field for that matter, when displayed in a browser is devoid of hard returns, or any formatting at all.

What I came up with is similar to the editor we all use right here in our forum, or the HTML editor in Alpha (at the development level) it creates HTML tags in the background while you work in a WYSIWYG edit screen. If you look at the field in the table, its full of HTML. If you look at it in the browser, its fully formatted.

That other software I am "peddling" wont be ready for another few weeks, but it will include this editor also.
      Steve Wood
      See my profile on IADN

Comment

Steve, I've been using an on line editor with text areas for a while now. In fact, I have four customers using it and they all love it. What I've found as the best part is the ability to quickly display the data simply by printing a variable.

Consider this. The html saves in a memo field, so, when you want to display the html, read the memo field into a variable and display the variable with <%a5 ?variable %>. No component, and it is very fast.

For a sample, see www.asq-seattle.org The home (index) page shows event information for a selected event in the center of the page that was created in an on line editor by people who can't spell html. To change the event, I just select the event from the list of events, and it displays. If you select 'ASQ Seattle events' on the menu, you 'll see a list of events and can see them by selecting 'view'. The view page does not contain any components.

If you want to compare notes, contact me by email.
        Pat Bremkamp
        MindKicks Consulting

Comment

Looks good Steve. Well done - Pat I had some connections issues with your site.
          Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
          Albert Einstein, (attributed)
          US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

Comment

I had connection problems as well. When clicking on View for a particular topic the page would not display. After going back to Alpha and trying to load the site again, the home page would not display.

Comment

Phil and Pete,

I think it's a hosting problem. I have three sites with the host and all three are down.

I'll let you know when they are back up.

Pat
              Pat Bremkamp
              MindKicks Consulting

Comment

The ASQ site is back up....turns out the problem wasn't the host (sorry Clive). It is an occasional problem with the WAS and SSL.

Anyway, if you want to take a look, I'd appreciate the feedback.

To see the html editor in action, go to Career Opportunities and pretend you are an employer and follow the links. Don't worry, your posting won't make it to the live page unless I approve it.

Pat
                Pat Bremkamp
                MindKicks Consulting

Comment

Well done - works well, good job.

Peter
                  Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Comment

Pat,
                    how do I get details on how this was done? This is exactly what I want for several of my applications.
                    Phil

Comment

Me as well.

Comment

I'll throw you an email with instructions. Let me wait until they respond to one bug question I had and see if I can resolve that. If so, we can use the current version rather than the older version which I am currently stuck with.
                        Steve Wood
                        See my profile on IADN

Comment

Working...
                        X