Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Need an Alpha 5 pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need an Alpha 5 pro

I am an Alpha five novice. I have built a local data base and some corresponding web forms. I need someone with Alpha-five expertise to finish up the web-side and desktop side. I am building or need built a secure site that the users can have a lot of interaction with the desktop applications. I need the web users to be able to upload documents into DB tables and download documents from tables. The database tables are pretty basic, but I need multiple views on the website. I can only pay $20 per hour. If someone is interested, please email me at [email protected].

Re: Need an Alpha 5 pro

How Much?
    -Steve
    sigpic

Comment

$20 per hour, maybe 50 hours.

Comment

I believe what Steve is diplomatically trying to tell you is that what you are aksing for would be upwards of 100 - 150 dollars per hour ...
        Gary S. Traub, Ph.D.

Comment

Thanks. I know the services are worth much more than I can pay. I wasn't trying to be insulting, just seeing if anyone was willing.

Comment

This is where cheap mexican labor is needed (just a self-racist joke)

What excatly do you need?
            Cheers
            Mauricio

Comment

I am all for opening the Mexican border and putting our efforts to keeping the Canadians on their side. I need my website to interact with my DB. It does not need to be perfect. I am going to present a plan to some investors and need a functional secure site to show them. I will pay for a well designed site when I get funded. For now, I need 1) a site that clients log into, 2) upload some files, and 3) fill out some forms; I need the desktop user to be able to process the web-users info and 4) create some documents in pdf and save it to the web-users secure site for the 5) web-user to download. Thanks giving this some thought.

Comment

I have created other hybrid document management systems with A5 with great succes.

Please send me the full requirement to [email protected], please include a payment plan and the due date for every activity.

Is this page intended to work over the internet or intranet?
                We can discuss other details later

Note: you may have to check ther grammar and spelling after acceptance.
                Cheers
                Mauricio

Comment

Hi

Far from Mexico and Canada, I am setting up two Alpha Programmers team in Kathmandu, Nepal. They are not yet any Alpha pros, but if you have small tasks and lots of patience, you'll get them absolutely cheap. Cheap is even 10 USD/hour, or even less. And they will solve any problem, I am sure. They work in English.

The guys have experience in some other programming like most Nepal Government's and Tourism web pages, Scandinavian Safran Portal, Helsinki Metropolitan Area Material Flow Monitoring, eLearning MathKing and Physics, and Chemistry, etc.

www.compunication.com
                  Lasse

Comment

Originally posted by Lasse View Post
                    ...you'll get them absolutely cheap. Cheap is even 10 USD/hour, or even less...
                    and thus will end our American way of life...

Anyone want a job flipping hamburgers?
                    Peter
                    AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]
                    https://www.alphabasesolutions.com

Comment

They are so few that they don't have any economic impact to America. Also you know that all kind of management is needed more and thus for effctive coding it is not too attractive. Compare to India, there programmer cost is often 75% of American, then there is no reason to go off-shore.

It is good for very rare cases, where one truly does not have money to pay.

Come to Himalayas!

Comment

From the net... so take it for what you believe it may be worth:

====
                        "Per an engineer from India...

The purchasing power parity in India is 5 compared to USA - a 20000 $ programmer in India is actually making 100,000 $ in terms of
                        his spending power.

...an average programmer in India lives the same life-style as an average US programmer now - in many ways better - in some ways worse - in a new high-rise modern apartment, with swimming pool, jaccuzi, sauna, steam, 3-bed 2-bath, 2400 sq. ft apartment, gated community, modern bowling, tennis etc and other facilities - ...for 300 $ a month - something that will cost atleast 1500 $ a month in a cheap American city such as Dallas or Austin...labor that is supporting this programmer - house maid, builders, cooks, apartment management, etc is done by people who have incomes up to 10 to 30 times lower than this programmer's - he is able to buy these other services for a much lower price while he is able to get a high salary..."
                        ====
                        "all things should be as simple as possible... but no simpler"

Mike

Comment

Working...
                        X