Alpha Video Training

Thread: "Add" and "Save" buttons don't stay on "Self" page

Real Name
    Michael Scholin

Default "Add" and "Save" buttons don't stay on "Self" page

For over a year now I have posted on several occasions a request to get a response from Alpha regarding the "Save" and "Add" buttons' choices in a grid targeting "Self" in the detail view. No matter how you set it it seems to always go back to either a new blank "Add" or "Save" will always take you back to the main summary view. It appears as though there should be a choice but I have not been able to find anyone who has an answer to this.

There MUST be a way to have an option to stay on the page that you click "Save" or "Add" - if we choose to design our grids that way.

For me, it is extremely important for my clients, who are getting very upset that I cant' fix what appears to me and them to be a bug.

Has anyone found a work around? Better yet, if this is a bug - will it be fixed soon? I wish someone from Alpha would respond.

Thanks!

Real Name
    Steve Wood

Default Re: "Add" and "Save" buttons don't stay on "Self" page

To be sure we're talking about the same thing - you are referring to the Close Detail View after Submit checkbox. No matter how you set the checkbox, the Detail View DOES close when you click Save.

I do find it does not close (works like-I-want-it-to) when adding new records (clicking Add).
    Steve Wood
    Join the ALPHA DEVELOPERS NETWORK
    There is no Cloud. It's just someone else's computer.
    Web - Mobile - Hosting - Products - Frameworks - Developer Resources
    AlphaToGo | IADN (100% Alpha Anywhere Websites)

Real Name
    Michael Scholin

Default Re: "Add" and "Save" buttons don't stay on "Self" page

Steve, I would think it is all related. Specifically I am referring to the attached image (not sure how to insert it).

But under the Detail view of "Properties", under "Customization"; the last two items are 'Save' button target page - <self> and 'Add' button target page - <self>

It would seem that you have a choice where to set the page after submission but I have yet to find any documentation to specify other settings beside "<self>" or how else to set these. Maybe this isn't the correct place - all I know is that I have seen several complaints but never any solutions or suggestions for work a-rounds.

It would be so nice to at least have the ability to add a SAVE button with code to just simply "update" the server without leaving your place on the detail page. Particularly when you have several TAB pages in the detail view - people like to save what they are doing in case they lose their internet connection.