Alpha Video Training

Thread: AlphaSports - New in Vers 9

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Tom Cone Jr

Default AlphaSports - New in Vers 9

AlphaSports has been updated to include demonstrations for some of the new features in v9, especially supercontrols.

Here are some quick comments on the way this has been implemented:

1) Form v9XDialog in the v9 AlphaSports contains the following text in an RTF field:

The XDialog SuperControl allows you to embed an XDialog on the form. In this example we have embedded two different XDialogs on the form. In both cases the variables on the Xdialog have been bound to fields in the form's table. This means that when you change a value in the Xdialog, the corresponding variable on the Xdialog is changed, and vice versa.

The last sentence of this text probably should read:

This means that when you change a value in the Xdialog, the corresponding field in the form's table is changed, and vice versa.
    Also, this form could be more useful if it explained when the changes are committed to the table and whether there's a shortcut to cancel pending edits? i.e. discuss whether the changes are committed or canceled differently using these xdialog supercontrols.

2) Form v9WebContent won't fit on a 1024 x 728 screen. May I suggest that it be resized ?

3) It would be helpful if each of the new in v9 forms included references or links to the related help file topics.

Alpha Software Employee Selwyn Rabins's Avatar
    Real Name
    Selwyn Rabins

Default Re: AlphaSports - New in Vers 9

Thanks
    form has been resized, and text has been fixed.

"Certified" Alphaholic mmaisterrena's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mauricio Maisterrena

In my case the "Report Preview" example want working correctly, I had to edit the supercontrol properties so that the linked report pointed to the "product by vendor" report then it worked like it should.

Alpha Software Employee Selwyn Rabins's Avatar
    Real Name
    Selwyn Rabins

Quote Originally Posted by mmaisterrena View Post
    In my case the "Report Preview" example want working correctly, I had to edit the supercontrol properties so that the linked report pointed to the "product by vendor" report then it worked like it should.
    I would like to fix this, but I can't duplicate the problem. Could you attach a screen show that showed what you had to edit?

Real Name
    Pete Schuder

Selwyn:
    This is the path that now works: c:\program files\a5v9\samples\alphasports\vendors.set

The original path was what I had described to you earlier, going from your development computer to a folder on your computer, rather than to the program files\a5v9.....

I did not keep a copy of that path and would probably have to download v9 full again to get it. I think the reason it works for you is that the path location is specific to your computer so it can find the vendors.set

I hope this helps. It is not a big issue, as I quickly learned another trick...
    "Ollie, remember how dumb I used to be? Well, I'm much better now."

Pete

"Certified" Alphaholic Tim Kiebert's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tim Kiebert

I was going to report the problem with this as well this (my)morning. Was replying and got called away and is now afternoon and Selwyn and Pete have replied.
    Anyway here are some more details and screenshots.

It is in the v9ReportPreview form. The error informs that 'Products by Vendor@c:\dev\a5v9\src\redist\samples\alphasports\vendors.set' can not be found.

As Mauricio has mentioned this can be fixed by choosing the correct report in the current alphasports path. However the path still seems to show as an absolute path rather than a relative one. I think this will this be a problem when deploying an app. I just tried changing one of the folder names in windows explorer for the path to the current alphasports installation. Again the supercontrol could not find the report.
    Tim Kiebert
    Eagle Creek Citrus
    A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have evolved from a simpler system that worked just fine.