Alpha Video Training

Thread: Forum Link to Alpha Help

Real Name
    Robin

Default Forum Link to Alpha Help

Am I missing something? Shouldn't there be some sort of quick link to the help files here?
    Robin

Discernment is not needed in things that differ, but in those things that appear to be the same. - Miles Sanford

"Certified" Alphaholic Stan Mathews's Avatar
    Real Name
    Stan Mathews

Default Re: Forum Link to Alpha Help

Quote Originally Posted by MoGrace View Post
    Am I missing something? Shouldn't there be some sort of quick link to the help files here?
    Which help files?

This area is about using the bulletin board as in

Forum Support Area for questions and comments regarding this message board itself. Post any questions about Alpha Software products in the appropriate area above.
    Powered by vBulletinĀ® Version 3.6.8

Real Name
    Robin

The Alpha 5 help files that are on alphasoftware.com
    Robin

Discernment is not needed in things that differ, but in those things that appear to be the same. - Miles Sanford

"Certified" Alphaholic Stan Mathews's Avatar
    Real Name
    Stan Mathews

I misread your post to mean

Shouldn't there be a link to the help files here (in the forum support area)?

Not as you intended, I think, ...

Shouldn't there be a link to the help files here (in the forum area somewhere)? IOW, shouldn't one be able to access the help directly from the forums.

Real Name
    Doug Page

Not fully understanding what you are meaning, how about putting a link in your browsers favorites. Click New Tab, click on favorite.

Real Name
    Robin

Hi Doug,
    Stan got my drift. The thing with a link on the Forum is you can have it open in a new window, whereas My Favs would need a 2nd copy of IE to open else you lose the Forum page. I thought it might be here but I hadn't found it. I can see now that I ought to put this in the Wish List section. Maybe they could add a search for the Help too...

Posters are always referencing some function here I never saw before, and sometimes they provide a link but sometimes not.
    Robin

Real Name
    Doug Page

No, I think then that I understood but suggesting that it would be easier with your browser. If you are saying that you need to start up a separate instance of IE then you must be using the really old v6. Otherwise, I would suggest that you check out IE7 which allows you to have simple and easy to get at tabs. Once both tabs are running, then you just have to go back and forth between the tabs. Simple and very quick!

Real Name
    Robin

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Page View Post
    No, I think then that I understood but suggesting that it would be easier with your browser. If you are saying that you need to start up a separate instance of IE then you must be using the really old v6. Otherwise, I would suggest that you check out IE7 which allows you to have simple and easy to get at tabs. Once both tabs are running, then you just have to go back and forth between the tabs. Simple and very quick!
    As usual I am lost in the dust... still using Win98 & IE6 here at home. Although I did try to update my XP machine at work, but had trouble with the download - perhaps I will try again.
    Robin

Real Name
    Doug Page

Robin,

Here is a quick upgrade without changing OS. i have been using AvantBrowser for years. check it out as it adds itself on top of IE so it acts just like IE with a ton of extra features. I still install it and use it over IE7. Has much, much more than just tabs. One thing that I like is the mouse gestures. How often do you hit the back button. Now you don't even have to move your hand from your mouse, just hold down the right mouse button and click the left and back you go. Saves so much arm movement.

Anyhow, check it out at

http://www.avantbrowser.com/index.html

Works with Win98 and IE6. Oh... best of all it's FREE!

Real Name
    Robin

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Page View Post
    Robin,

Here is a quick upgrade without changing OS. i have been using AvantBrowser for years. check it out as it adds itself on top of IE so it acts just like IE with a ton of extra features. I still install it and use it over IE7. Has much, much more than just tabs. One thing that I like is the mouse gestures. How often do you hit the back button. Now you don't even have to move your hand from your mouse, just hold down the right mouse button and click the left and back you go. Saves so much arm movement.

Anyhow, check it out at

http://www.avantbrowser.com/index.html

Works with Win98 and IE6. Oh... best of all it's FREE!
    Wow Doug - Thanks for the link!
    Robin

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Mike Christensen

Doug,
    How often do you hit the back button. Now you don't even have to move your hand from your mouse, just hold down the right mouse button and click the left and back you go. Saves so much arm movement.
    And is the reason I LOVE my dual scroll, 5 button programmable optical mouse! I bought two of them a few years ago and can no longer find them...A-Open made them and cost under $12 ! If they ever go bad I will definitely check out this software you referenced. Thanks for sharing.
    Mike