Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

500 error dump method not found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

500 error dump method not found

500 Internal Server Error
    "Script Error
    Error:Script:TEMPLATE line:3
    tmpstr = tmpl.request.variables.v.r1.Transportation.dump()
    Member property does not exist
    tmpl.request.variables.v.r1.Transportation.dump method not found."

I've been using this grid (with tabs) for some time and suddenly getting this error. Have made minor changes to some fields. This error occurred with another field, I took that field out and now this same error moved to the next field.

====================================
    OK...I was able to resolve this. I ended up taking out the last several fields, saving, publishing and testing. Once the error went away, I added the fields back one by one. All fields now added back and the error is gone. Must have been some sort of grid corruption.

This is a little unsettling...
    Last edited by EricN; 04-07-2008, 05:18 PM.
    Eric

Alpha Five Websites
    longlivepuppies.com
    socialservicenetwork.com
    -------------------------------------------------
    socialservicenetwork.org

Re: 500 error dump method not found

Are you changing fields in the table itself? If you are, and then fiddling with the fields included on the grid, you should make sure you press the "Refresh Field List" button next to the Table Name selector of the Query section.

Dunno for sure if that's your problem, but I'd bet it's in something you did, not something A5 screwed up. I'm always adding/moving/deleting/changing fields between tables and grids and haven't had the problem you describe. So, don't let it unsettle you.
    -Steve
    sigpic

Comment

Hi Steve,

When I started this project a couple of months ago, I quickly learned to "Refresh" every time I modified a grid even if I didn't make changes to the table itself. It is such a habit now that I do it automatically.

The error could still be something I did.

==============================
      Update: I get this error when I intentionally do not complete required fields and click submit. When I go back and complete these fields, everything is ok. When I change these fields to NOT required, and test by not completing these fields, it works fine.

Maybe rebuild a new grid?
      Last edited by EricN; 04-07-2008, 08:57 PM.
      Eric

Alpha Five Websites
      longlivepuppies.com
      socialservicenetwork.com
      socialservicenetwork.org

Comment

Created new grid from scratch:

1) Test without any required fields...worked fine.
        2) Test with 2 fields required and intentionally didn't complete them...I get the above error!
        3) Test with 2 fields required but this time completed the fields...worked fine.
        4) Test completed one of the required fields and not the other...I get the above error!

Note: 1 field is (text) connected to table described in grid's query (same table). Other field is a dynamic dropdown and gets data from another table.

Also now I see my other grids that contain required fields do not give me an error HOWEVER if I do not complete a required field and click submit, it does not catch any of the required fields. It continues to the next page. This also worked before!

Testing done on my local computer not on-line.
        I've restarted the computer and tested again.
        Packed tables
        Updated indexes
        ----> Same results.

I have version 8 Build 1980

I've come along too far for this to happen.

Bug? ...or has someone encountered this and has a solution??
        Last edited by EricN; 04-07-2008, 10:59 PM.
        Eric

Alpha Five Websites
        longlivepuppies.com
        socialservicenetwork.com
        socialservicenetwork.org

Comment

Well I removed Alpha from my computer and did a complete reinstall of both Alpha and app server.

I STILL GET THE ERRORS!

My main grid (registration) which has several required fields does not stop me from passing to the next page when I click submit even though I fail to complete ANY of the fields in the grid. I do not get any errors. This is linked to my users table.

My other grid (the one that started this all) continues to give me the above error when I don't complete required fields. This is linked to my sites table.

2 different tables, at least 2 different grids.

Sent in a possible bug report last night but so far no response.

Right now I can't use my project. I've reached my testing phase before going on-line but this is now all on-hold until/unless a solution is found. Don't know what else to do.
          Last edited by EricN; 04-08-2008, 02:00 PM.
          Eric

Alpha Five Websites
          longlivepuppies.com
          socialservicenetwork.com
          socialservicenetwork.org

Comment

Deleted temp files...same errors
            Deleted all files and installed backup from a few days ago...same errors

I backup every day (sometimes several times a day) and reinstalled several backup versions...same errors

Something is corrupt.

Using my computer's explorer (Win XP) I found a file called dump.sql over 8 MEG and says date modified as 11/27/2015?
            Last edited by EricN; 04-08-2008, 04:13 PM.
            Eric

Alpha Five Websites
            longlivepuppies.com
            socialservicenetwork.com
            socialservicenetwork.org

Comment

Sure wish someone would be willing to help me out here.

Still getting this error

500 Internal Server Error
              "Script Error
              Error:Script:TEMPLATE line:3
              tmpstr = tmpl.request.variables.v.r1.Transportation.dump()
              Member property does not exist
              tmpl.request.variables.v.r1.Transportation.dump method not found."

Transportation is a checkbox and pulls the information from the transportation table. There is only one field in this table, transportation.

When I drop transportation from the grid and test, it works. When I put it back in, I get the error.

2 fields are required. When I don't complete these fields I get the error. Also Alpha does NOT give the expected message stating the fields are required. When I DO complete the required fields, no error.

When I change the required fields to NOT required, no error. (I need to have required fields in this grid).

I had another field called Services Also a checkbox pulling data from the Services table. Same problem.

Creating another grid from scratch didn't help.

TESTED MY OTHER GRIDS:
              1) Dropdowns seem to work fine in my other grids.
              2) Required fields NOT completed (left empty) are NOT stopping the process after submit clicked!

I would be happy to zip this grid.
              Last edited by EricN; 04-09-2008, 09:47 PM.
              Eric

Alpha Five Websites
              longlivepuppies.com
              socialservicenetwork.com
              socialservicenetwork.org

Comment

I continue to get this error. Transportation is a checkbox. Had the field set as character, width set to 200, then restructured to Memo field. Each time I refreshed the grid, saved and published.

Transportation is not a required field

Also tried with publish all files, clearing publishing history, and unchecking the "Publish new or modified files only"

May be similar to this thread: http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/al...highlight=dump

Tried problem solving but can't find the answer.

Update: This sporadically works. It is working again now!?
                Last edited by EricN; 04-25-2008, 09:57 PM.
                Eric

Alpha Five Websites
                longlivepuppies.com
                socialservicenetwork.com
                socialservicenetwork.org

Comment

Just got this error with another grid today while testing.

When a "required" field is empty, I seem to get this error. (another checkbox field)
                  In the past, I would get the expected warning telling me I need to complete the field before continuing. I have had this grid for months and have tested it several times with success.

When I fill this field, error usually goes away but not always.
                  When I change this field from required to not required, error goes away.

This happens with other required fields as well.

Am I the only one experiencing this error?
                  Eric

Alpha Five Websites
                  longlivepuppies.com
                  socialservicenetwork.com
                  socialservicenetwork.org

Comment

Thank you for this posting. It pointed to the solution for my particular problem. I was getting the exact same error message after modifying a "View" grid involving two tables, only one of which would be modified by the grid.

I had a field that could contain only one of three values y, n, or w. The purpose of the grid was to change y's (Yes, they were entered) to w's (they won). N's (not entered) were filtered out with a DBF filter in the a5w page header.

At first, I set up just a single check box that should have changed the y to a w when checked. But then I got the 500 server error. After reading this thread, I deduced that the "blank" values being submitted (not being submitted?) by the unchecked boxes might be a problem. Sure enough, when I redesigned the grid so that I used radio buttons for w and y, the error went away.

Comment

Working...
                    X