Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Connecting to Quickbooks the first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Connecting to Quickbooks the first time

Originally posted by Al Buchholz View Post
    Yes - Open Quickbooks as Admin - Preferences - Integrated Applications - Remove the Flexquarters entries save, close the screen and then connect from QRB again...
    Thanks, that worked!

-Joy

Comment

Originally posted by Al Buchholz View Post
      Yes - Open Quickbooks as Admin - Preferences - Integrated Applications - Remove the Flexquarters entries save, close the screen and then connect from QRB again...
      Hi, I can not connect with quickbooks. I receive this:
      Could not create ResultSet from DataSource definition.

Could not connect to Database. Error reported was:

Database API specific error
      [Microsoft][Administrador de controladores ODBC] Error de SQLSetConnectAttr del controlador
      SQL State is: IM006
      [QODBC] QB Begin Session Failed. Error = 8004041c, An internal QuickBooks error occurred while trying to access the QuickBooks company data file.

SQL State is: 00000.

I have quickbooks premier 2007 canadian version, with windows 7
      Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Kushy View Post
        [QODBC] QB Begin Session Failed. Error = 8004041c, An internal QuickBooks error occurred while trying to access the QuickBooks company data file.

I have quickbooks premier 2007 canadian version, with windows 7
        Thank you
        Is this QB CA 2007 with multi currency or not?

I take it you just installed on win 7?
        In 2007, windows 7 was barely a dream in Gates' eyes, so I'd try some type of XP mode... If I had win 7 I'd try it for you, but I don't.

Look at this thread from QODBC

I don't have any experience with 2007 and win 7, but if it were my system, I'd google a lot of places and see if any one else has tried this..

(taking my own advice, I found a number of articles regarding this error...) Most of them talk about the QB installation not being complete or trying to run in auto login mode. Do you have QB open to the company file that you want to use and are you using the QuickBooks_cuurentlyopen DNS?

In simple terms are you refreshing a table that QRB already built or one of your own?

When I attack a connection problem, I refresh the company table since it has only one record in it. Then I work on the remaining tables. (Crawl before walking, before jogging.....)

I'd also suggest that you go to QODBC.com and download the latest driver and install it. You can treat the QODBC driver like a trial, but QRB has special magic to avoid the QODBC trial trap so you can use it as long as your QRB license is valid.

Please let us know what you find.
        Al Buchholz
        Bookwood Systems, LTD
        Weekly QReportBuilder Webinars Thursday 1 pm CST

Occam's Razor - KISS
        Normalize till it hurts - De-normalize till it works.
        Advice offered and questions asked in the spirit of learning how to fish is better than someone giving you a fish.
        When we triage a problem it is much easier to read sample systems than to read a mind.
        "Make it as simple as possible, but not simpler."
        Albert Einstein

http://www.iadn.com/images/media/iadn_member.png

Comment

Hi

same problem as everyone else here. my error message:

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed
          [QODBC] QB Begin Session Failed. Error = 80040408, Could not start QuickBooks.

SQL State is: 00000

Quickbooks is open with the company file I want to access logged on. I am in single user mode. It is UK QB2008 Premier Accountant Edition. release R14P. All latest updates installed. I am using Windows XP SP3

- started quickbooks
          - logged on to company
          - started report builder
          - reated new project
          - refreshed data, selected company table to download
          - got error message

What am I doing wrong?

thanks

Martin

Comment

Originally posted by hairyfingers View Post
            I am in single user mode. It is UK QB2008 Premier Accountant Edition. release R14P.
            go to QODBC.com and download the latest trial of QODBC.

Install, skip the license/registration info, and try again.

Then advise us of the results.

Cheers.
            Al Buchholz
            Bookwood Systems, LTD

Occam's Razor - KISS
            Advice offered and questions asked in the spirit of learning how to fish is better than someone giving you a fish.
            When we triage a problem it is much easier to read sample systems than to read a mind.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi Al

thanks for the reply. I have donwloaded the latest driver (version 10.00.00.269). It doesn't seem to have made any difference I got this message.

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed
              [QODBC] QB Begin Session Failed. Error = 80040408, Could not start QuickBooks.

SQL State is: 00000

I have tried accesing QB direct from the QODBC setup screen using the "test connection to quickbooks" option and it just says quickbooks is not started - when it clearly is.

Comment

If you have multiple versions of QB on your machine, you may need to run the reboot.bat file located in the program directory of the version that you want to run.

It resets the dlls to use that version and can eliminate the problem.

Have you checked with the Intuit sites to see if there are permission issues with your QB version with win 7? Could be something with that. I'm using US versions with win 7 without problems, but non-US versions are an unknown ( to me ).....
                Al Buchholz
                Bookwood Systems, LTD

Occam's Razor - KISS
                Albert Einstein

Comment

excellent!!! that did it. I also have a 2003 version of QB so that must be what was causing the conflict.

thanks very much

Martin

Comment

excellent!!! that did it. I also have a 2003 version of QB so that must be what was causing the conflict.

thanks very much

Martin
                    Outstanding. You got QB 2003 (UK?) to run on win 7? Another outstanding job..

You may need to use the reboot.bat to move from one QB version to the other... let us know if that is needed or not.
                    Al Buchholz
                    Bookwood Systems, LTD

Occam's Razor - KISS
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi

I'm on windows XP not 7 so UK QB2003 is OK. I'm only using the report builder with QB2008 so hopefully I won't have to use the reboot.bat file again.

thanks for your help

Comment

Hi

I'm on windows XP not 7 so UK QB2003 is OK. I'm only using the report builder with QB2008 so hopefully I won't have to use the reboot.bat file again.

thanks for your help
                        OK I read another posting in this thread and mistakenly referenced to you.

Thanks for clearing that up.
                        Al Buchholz
                        Bookwood Systems, LTD

Occam's Razor - KISS
                        Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                        X