Alpha Video Training

Thread: Sales Rep Report

Real Name
    Lindsay Andrews

Default Sales Rep Report

We pay our sales reps once a month after the customer has paid the invoice. I need a report by month that will pull invoices by the payment date, not the inv date. I don't care what day the inv was created as the reps are paid based on the payment date, not the inv date.

We only pay our sales reps for merchandise sales, not for shipping charges, sales tax, etc. This report will have to be able to pull only those inv lines that are related to merchandise sales.

The report needs to include:
    Inv number
    Inv date
    Sub total (Only merchandise sales)
    SO #
    PO #
    Ship Date
    Payment Date
    Payment Amount
    Sales Rep

Also, we do not pay commissions until the invoice has been fully paid. If an invoice has only been partially paid, we wait until it has been paid in full before paying the commission. If the report could not include it until it's paid fully that would be very helpful.

Volunteer Moderator
    Real Name
    Alan Buchholz

Default Re: Sales Rep Report

Lindsay

Is this question posted after the webinar or before?
    Al Buchholz
    Bookwood Systems, LTD
    Weekly QReportBuilder Webinars Thursday 1 pm CST

Occam's Razor - KISS
    Normalize till it hurts - De-normalize till it works.
    Advice offered and questions asked in the spirit of learning how to fish is better than someone giving you a fish.
    When we triage a problem it is much easier to read sample systems than to read a mind.

Real Name
    Lindsay Andrews

I don't remember....I tried to get an answer at the webinar but didn't get any help there either. I'm getting insanely frustrated trying to get help with this software. I've had it a week now and have gotten no help from forums, webinars, calling, nothing.

Volunteer Moderator
    Real Name
    Alan Buchholz

Quote Originally Posted by lindsay972 View Post
    I don't remember....I tried to get an answer at the webinar but didn't get any help there either. I'm getting insanely frustrated trying to get help with this software. I've had it a week now and have gotten no help from forums, webinars, calling, nothing.
    Lindsay

As I remember, it was difficult to help you at the webinar because gotomeeting wasn't working on your system.

Have you resolved that problem or is there another computer that we can use to connect with?

Perhaps we can use another remote connection method to work on this. Do you use any others?
    Al Buchholz
    Bookwood Systems, LTD

Occam's Razor - KISS
    Advice offered and questions asked in the spirit of learning how to fish is better than someone giving you a fish.
    When we triage a problem it is much easier to read sample systems than to read a mind.

Real Name
    Lindsay Andrews

I never could get the gotomeeting to work. I would appreciate someone just telling me how to get the report and I can do it. I don't need to see it.

Volunteer Moderator
    Real Name
    Alan Buchholz

Lindsay

I responded to your email for Professional Services to write this report.

Thank you for your patience.
    Al Buchholz
    Bookwood Systems, LTD

Occam's Razor - KISS

Real Name
    Wendy Cummins

I am looking for the same kind of report, but I don't need as many fields. This post is pretty old...are there any examples of this type of report online or can someone quote me on the cost to create a report like this?

Filters: include only payments received during a specific date range, include only invoices for selected sales reps

Groupings: grouped by sales rep w/ page break between reps then grouped by customer

Fields to include: sales rep, payment date, payment amount, invoices the payment was applied to, invoice dates, commission amount, commission rate

Group totals: total commission for each customer, total commission for each rep.

Calculation: commission = payment amount x the commission rate (which varies by customer and is not currently tracked in QB).

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Mike Christensen

Wendy,
    Your report is definitely doable.....first place to start is to identify which tables have the data you want (sometimes there are more than one so have to pick the "best" one). Once that is done, then there has to be some way to link the data from one table to another in order to either create a set or to do preprocessing to get all the data into a single reporting table...this is the tricky part sometimes.

I answered in a generic way as your question is actually very general and would require that I, or someone else, to get to know your data (usually via a portable company file) and then figure out where all the fields are in your specific case.

Even your request for a quote to do this can be a hard question as QuickBooks allows data to be entered in various ways and this can change how we get the data out to process it. If you want to pursue learning QReportBuilder then maybe the best way would be to have someone "mentor" you on this first report--like online training but actually build the report with you instead of for you...it takes longer but then you will know more about the process for maintaining or doing additional reports yourself afterwards.

So the choice is yours currently-----
    Ask specific questions to this board....and they will be answered.
    Have someone help you directly
    Hire someone to create the entire report.

I noticed a few other questions you have posted and will try to attend to those as well......
    Mike