Alpha Video Training

Thread: Alpha Table Export to MySQL - "Error querying local table - no such field"

Real Name
    Jason LaForte

Default Alpha Table Export to MySQL - "Error querying local table - no such field"

I'm attempting to export each of my native Alpha tables to a MySQL database and continue to get an Alpha Five error stating: "Table could not be exported: Error querying local table - No such field."

I AM able to successfully connect to my database and perform any operations via the SQL Command Window and I have successfully set up active-link tables but this export problem is beyond me... I've searched the messageboard thoroughly and can't find anything - any ideas??

Thanks!!!!

Real Name
    Jason LaForte

Default Re: Alpha Table Export to MySQL - "Error querying local table - no such field"

I tried starting from scratch on a completely new Alpha database, created a simple table with an ID field and a "Name" field, set up my connection string, successfully connected and then attempted to export the new table to no avail... same error message.

Due to lack of time I ended up downloading another program that can export dbf files to MySQL and it worked perfectly (not sure if mentioning the other product is a no-no here so i won't... a Google search for "import dbf into MySQL" turns up many options).

Real Name
    Ray Roosa

Default Re: Alpha Table Export to MySQL - "Error querying local table - no such field"

Quote Originally Posted by jaylaforte View Post
    I tried starting from scratch on a completely new Alpha database, created a simple table with an ID field and a "Name" field, set up my connection string, successfully connected and then attempted to export the new table to no avail... same error message.

Due to lack of time I ended up downloading another program that can export dbf files to MySQL and it worked perfectly (not sure if mentioning the other product is a no-no here so i won't... a Google search for "import dbf into MySQL" turns up many options).
    Hi Jason,

Sure you can say the name of the program, their have been many different programs talked about on this board.
    Kind Regards,
    Ray Roosa
    Raylin Micro, LLC.

Real Name
    Jason LaForte

Thanks for the guidance Ray - I know some boards are sensitive when products are mentioned due to competition and what not...

I ended up stumbling upon a MySQL admin/development tool called Navicat (www.navicat.com). The standard version allows you to import dbf files into your mySQL database with ease. After a few days of use I'm pretty impressed with the ease of use of Navicat and am sure it will become a permanent fixture on my desktop along with Alpha...

Real Name
    Dancing Sphinx

I have the same error: "Error querying local table - no such field". Latest v9 build. Bug?

Real Name
    Keven Thibeault

Quote Originally Posted by jaylaforte View Post
    I'm attempting to export each of my native Alpha tables to a MySQL database and continue to get an Alpha Five error stating: "Table could not be exported: Error querying local table - No such field."

I AM able to successfully connect to my database and perform any operations via the SQL Command Window and I have successfully set up active-link tables but this export problem is beyond me... I've searched the messageboard thoroughly and can't find anything - any ideas??

Thanks!!!!
    Jason

Please list the table structure here, and the type of export you are doing (to csv etc). This is the first time I have seen this error message. cheers
    Logical Design
    Keven Thibeault
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Dwell in possibility