Alpha Video Training
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Images in body of e-mail?

Real Name
    Linda Grummert

Default Re: Images in body of e-mail?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
    Like this from V7.

I did not compose anything in anything but a5. I hate you think I would cheap shot you like that.

I will show you this and I won't bother you again.

Gabe and I are thinking the same way. Sometimes we make it too hard.

Dave
    This looks like another old post you were involved in. I must be behind. I am sending a layout out via E-Mail with just the press of a button. It all works great. The layout serves as the recipients' receipt. I also would like to have a logo embedded in the message body of the email. Now there is just text thanking them for their membership dues, and other association information. I hoped for the easy way of just a cut & paste. I played around with the bitmap() function at the end of the text. Pleeease remember I am not good at this. I am using A5 email client. I set up the email just by going to the options tab on the "Send a Layout via E-mail" action. My message is the "Message" area of that tab. I tried using the bitmap() functions with the expression builder. I will live if I can not find a way to do this because it works as is.

Real Name
    Dave Mason

Linda,

For what you are doing, I think an email template would work for you.

I am old school. I prefer sending a pdf to clients and having needed images in the pdf. When I put an image in an email body, the image is generally a .png sitting on a website somewhere.
    Another thought is alpha and our methods have changed a lot in 6 years including the email part.

I sometimes do mass mailings(not with alpha) where I build a webpage and send the webpage image in the emails. There may be thousands of emails sent at a time that way, but I use a service for the mailings.
    Dave Mason
    dave@aldaweb.com

Skype is dave.mason46

Real Name
    Linda Grummert

It is a small association. There are a couple of hundred emails at dues renewal, and then again for 2 meetings annually. I have until December to come up with an easy way for the next person to do this. I'm struggling with consecutive comma delimited email addresses for "To:", and the logo. I have conquered the emails to individuals. I wanted it here with the database so the emails could be queried then emailed out. Do I have to make my own email template??? Imagine how disappointed I was to discover that the Alpha template really does not do what it looks like it could do.

Real Name
    Steve Wood

I'm not sure what the question is anymore on this thread, but you can send email with the TO in any of these formats (assuming you are using email_send2() function and you are sending as BCC):

pm.bcc = "steve1@sqst.com,steve2@sqst.com"

pm.bcc = <<%txt%
    steve1@sqst.com
    steve2@sqst.com
    %txt%

Or, if you want to send all of those emails to the TO address, typically you will loop through each email address, sending an email to each address as the TO address. By looping through, you can also personalize each email with a First and Last Name, etc.

And images should sitting on a server somewhere, referenced in the email using fully qualified addresses to the image file.
    Steve Wood
    Join the ALPHA DEVELOPERS NETWORK
    There is no Cloud. It's just someone else's computer.
    Web - Mobile - Hosting - Products - Frameworks - Developer Resources
    AlphaToGo | IADN (100% Alpha Anywhere Websites)

Real Name
    Dave Mason

In the event you do not have a server somewhere, they ar available for about 4-5.00 a month in may places and you do not have to have a domain name. I send my mass emails with phplist that sits on a Linux server. I upload a csv file with names and email addresses and add what ever I need to send for a campaign. Html or text is both ok. Namecheap is 38.88 a year and phplist is free as a download there. I found it to be much faster and better in my case. I also don't care for telling each addressee the other email addresses. Name cheap allows as many as 100 per hour, so I break the emails into 90 per list and schedule them an hour apart. The rest is automatic.
    Dave Mason
    dave@aldaweb.com

Skype is dave.mason46