Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Browse-Dialog data entry & edit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Browse-Dialog data entry & edit

Originally posted by johnkoh View Post
    Well, My question is on Line 76, vWarrFrom ="". the vWarrfrom is DATE type. Why this syntax is not working?.
    but Soon as I wrote as Case vWarrFrom ="", Ui_msg_box (Something...).
    The Error is indicated. I think I have to convert the Date Field type (vWarrFrom).
    What I said about your IF statements still applies. But you are right, you also have another error there. Try this:
    Code:
    Case TRIM(cdate(vWarrFrom)) =""
    Or, try:

Code:
    Case vWarrFrom ={}
    Peter
    AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]
    https://www.alphabasesolutions.com

Comment

Thank you Peter.

Comment

Peter G.
        RE:BROWSE-DIALOG ENTRY AND EDIT

Thanks very much for this information. Allowing users to review specific data without being able to change anything is of much interest. Will look at this in depth down the road, I believe the road is not too long.

All help and information is greatly appreciated. The message board is my ad hoc manual.

Kindest regards, John Linley

Comment

John L.,
          Did you think about Restrictions on the Form Properties? How about Modal or Modeless data entry style?

Comment

to johnkoh

No, but I certainly will, thans for the tip!!!

John L

Comment

Hi

I am new to programming. Please could someone please tell me in Mikes "DialogueSample" when running the program how to keep the "Item Entry/Edit" box permanently visible.
              Also could u please tell me how to edit this box, because when i go into design mode i only see the browse for editing.

Thanks
              Cliff

Comment

Cliff,
                That "Item Entry/Edit" is not a dialog box but a form named ItemDialog. That is part of Peter's original example. If you open up that form in design mode, go to the Save button and right click choose Events > OnPush, you will see this code:
                Code:
                if parentform:item.value = ""
                	ui_msg_box("ENTRY NOTICE","The item value was blank.",48)
                	end
                end if
                parentform.commit()
                [COLOR="Red"]parentform.close(.f.)[/COLOR]
                end
                Remove the line in red, or better, comment it out by placing a single quote mark in front of it. However, when you do this, you will be "stuck" because the form is opened (New Button in ItemBrowse form) in dialog mode, and have to close the form in order to move on. So, you will have to take a different approach. Look into form.view() and remove the f.close()
                Last edited by Mike Wilson; 04-18-2009, 10:16 AM.
                Mike W

Comment

Hi Mike

Thanks for your response, for some reason i am battling to open that form in design mode. The only thing that is opening in design mode is the browse.

Thanks

Comment

the cp button opens the control panel. push that and open the form from the control panel.
                    Mike W

Comment

Hi

I have a problem with my app that i have been trying to get right for 2 weeks, and I am happy to realize that the "Dialogue Sample", does the same thing as my app so that i can finally show an example. My problem is when the "New Xdialogue" button is pushed and an item is added, and then "ok" is pushed on the "Item add" box, the record is added to the browse but all the records move up, and are not visible except for the last record. What i am trying to achieve is that my browse keeps the records visible with the last record being placed at the bottom of the browse. On my button i am using th "New_Record()" Command.

Please tell me if there is anything i can add in to my app to achieve this.

Thank you
                      Cliff

Comment

Originally posted by lionking15 View Post
                        What i am trying to achieve is that my browse keeps the records visible with the last record being placed at the bottom of the browse. On my button i am using th "New_Record()" Command.
                        Count how many rows are in your browse. Add some code after the new_record() command like this:
                        Code:
                        t=table.current()
                        t.fetch_last()
                        FOR k = 1 TO iScroll
                            t.fetch_prev()
                        Next
                        parentform.resynch()
                        Where iScroll is the number of visible browse rows.
                        Peter
                        AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]

Comment

Which is oh, so very familiar to what Stan gave Cliff in this thread on post 5.
                          http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/al...169#post493169

Code:
                          for i = 1 to 20
                              browse2.Fetch_Prev()
                          next i
                          browse2.Fetch_Last()
                          Mike

Comment

Originally posted by MikeC View Post
                            Which is oh, so very familiar to what Stan gave Cliff in this thread on post 5...
                            Hhhmmm...

I hadn't noticed Stan's post, but I've been using that bit of code for many years now.
                            Peter
                            AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]

Comment

Hi Peter

Thanks for your reply. But i am getting an error when put in that code. The error is: Script: Onpush line:7. t.fetch_last(). Commanddoes not work in change or enter mode.

The error comes up, then when i click "ok" it goes away, and i can input my data, and it looks great. But when i click the button again the same thing happens.

The command i have on my button is. st_racing.New_Record().
                              Where st racing is the name of my form, if i change the button to browse1 then your code does not come up with an error.
                              But if i use the browse instead of the form name then i find it doesnt work at all how i want it to with or without the code.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by lionking15 View Post
                                Thanks for your reply. But i am getting an error when put in that code. The error is: Script: Onpush line:7. t.fetch_last(). Commanddoes not work in change or enter mode.
                                Ok. You get the error because new_record() puts the browse into enter mode. Try this code instead of using new_record:
                                Code:
                                t=table.current()
                                t.enter_begin()
                                t.enter_end(.T.)

t.fetch_last()
                                FOR k = 1 TO iScroll
                                    t.fetch_prev()
                                Next
                                parentform.resynch()
                                That will create a new blank record which you can then "edit" and enter any values you need.
                                Peter
                                AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X