Alpha Video Training

Thread: Cash flow report??

Real Name
    Kathleen Matthews

Default Cash flow report??

Has anyone had anyone luck linking the Transactions table with the Account table? I am not seeing anything that seems to work on the Link Expression.

What I am trying to do is build 2 reports that show detail in a specific Cash Account. One is a detail Cash Flow Report - QB only has summarized information and the other is a detailed deposit report (for a specific revenue account) with an addional calculated column.

I am losing my mind with this one. I have tried linking the DepositDetail table and I get no data at all. This makes no sense at all........

Thanks for your help,
    KM

Real Name
    Keith Wilhoit

Default Re: Cash flow report??

Kathleen--when linking the Deposit table to the Account table, try using the Listid field in the account table and the Deposittoaccountreflistid in the Deposit table. If you then do a report with 4 fields, Listid and Name from the account table and deposittoaccountreflistid and deposittoaccountreffullname, you should see matching list id values and the same name for the two fields.

Please let me know if that does not work and/or if you have other transaction tables that you wish to link. Keith

Keith Wilhoit
    keithwilhoit@sbcglobal.net
    630-926-6868

Real Name
    Kathleen Matthews

Keith,

Thanks, that worked great!!

But now I have another wee problem. I need to filter on the offset account for the deposit. Even though I have linked to the deposit table, it does not appear that it carries that deposit distribution lines. Geez-O-Peete, QB certainly does not make it easy to write reports! I used to think I was a reasonably intelligent person :)

Any ideas would be welcomed.
    Kathleen
    Last edited by KathM; 08-18-2008 at 03:54 PM. Reason: revision

Real Name
    Keith Wilhoit

Kathleen--glad the linkage worked. Could you please give a specific example of the distribution of the deposits--if you can do screen shots of the data entry screens and/or reports, that would be helpful to make sure I am on the right track.

Yes, working with these QuickBooks tables can certainly provide the illusion (or reality) that our IQ is going South on us:(

Thanks, Keith

Real Name
    Kathleen Matthews

Keith,

I attached a screen shot of what I am trying to bring in. What the client is looking for is a Deposit Report for all receipts posted to the specific account listed on the attached report. They need to pay royalties, so I need to create a new column that calculates the Royalties based upon the deposit posted to the GL account.

Does that make sense?
    Kathleen

Real Name
    Keith Wilhoit

Kathleen--to link the receipts on the deposits, it may work to use the receivedpayment table using customerreflistid for that table link and on the depositline table use depositlineentityreflistid for the link.

In your test report listing those two fields, add the field names customerreffullname from receivepayments and depositlineentityreffullname from depositline. That may get what you want. Keith

Real Name
    Kathleen Matthews

Keith,

I created a new report using the ReceivePayments table and the DepositLine table. I linked the Customerreffullname to the Depositlineentityreffullname as per your suggestions. When I preview the report, even though I have a date parameter (user input required), the report does not run.

I am thinkin' we have a linking issue. Your thoughts?

Kathleen

Real Name
    Keith Wilhoit

I would remove the date parameter and see if it runs without that to determine whether it is the date parameter or some other problem.